uniqs

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Endbringer

to Endbringer

Re: [Classes] Monk Mistweaver

Vuhdo and Healbot are gross healing addons.

Use your existing unitframes and try out Clique if you're having issues with mouseover macros. You'll get a neat little tab on the side of your spellbook that will bind your mouse clicks to whatever abilities you want to click with. It simulates mouseover macros.

Also, don't your "on use" trinket/item +ability macros need to have the on use item at the bottom because LUA macros execute from the bottom up?
Threatco
join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

Threatco to Endbringer

to Endbringer
Something we agree on, healing add ons haha

Clique is nice because it's easy to set up. And I even use it on my DPS toons for Trick of the Trade / Misdirect, stuff like that.

The default raid UI has been imporved a lot. I think a lot of us got used to using something like x-perl. But I almost think not having to deal with all the glitches / updates may be worth learning to get used to default frames.

I am pretty sure every /use trinket macro I have ever seen or made had the trinket use above the spell use line. But I am not sure, will have to check

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

I can put out a massive volume, often times twice as high as second.

QFT
Krisnatharok

Krisnatharok to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

Vuhdo and Healbot are gross healing addons.

I completely agree. Default raidframes + mouseover macros and Decursive (really the only healing addon you need) is all that's required to heal effectively.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Threatco

Premium Member

to Threatco
said by Threatco:

I am pretty sure every /use trinket macro I have ever seen or made had the trinket use above the spell use line. But I am not sure, will have to check

/use trinket macros go before the spell cast.
Expand your moderator at work
Exodus

Exodus to Endbringer

Premium Member

to Endbringer

Re: [Classes] Monk Mistweaver

Got the monk to 90 yesterday. Got enough gear to get it into LFR today. Ran the first run and figured out how to do the raid healing and was able to do this on the third boss. Not enough damage to go around, but Renew/Uplift seems to be king for LFR at the moment.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

impressed to see a priest that high up

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by cymraeg:

impressed to see a priest that high up

my guess is he was discipline and took advantage of the spirit totem buff. When dmg is low on the raid, discipline can still shine because of their absorbs (SS is awesome for that). I bet that #6 monk was a tank... am I close?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

LFR queues up six healers, correct?

I don't recall a monk tank.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

It does... but when the dmg output is low and you have 3 awesome healers, what you will find is tanks will out heal the bottom healers. healers that never go into the spirit realm also fall behind on the meters, too.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

It doesn't seem like you can put too much stake in healing meters, certainly not like damage output.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Definitely not as a static metric. It takes more "clicking" on your meter (what spells, what targets, etc). Now, in normal content where everyone's health is hovering between 50% and 80% the whole fight... yeah... that static "healing done (hps, % of total healing)" shows a much better picture. It's like you said in your post "there wasn't much dmg going around"... that leaves a lot of room for healers to cheese the meter.

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

Healing meters give a general idea, but far from telling you who's doing the best. You might just be the fastest and clipping others heals.

Total heal+overheal can be a good metric to see what throughput is possible, then adjusting to your timing to reduce overheal. However with trying to get better timing, some abilities will always clip.

Healing has always been throughput, timing, and mana management. Nice topping the meters though arch :P

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Exodus

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

It doesn't seem like you can put too much stake in healing meters, certainly not like damage output.

^truth, as I've always been a "tank" healer (hpally) i always measure my healing output by the state of "my" tank.

I was once told a wipe was my fault and i needed to pick up my healing. I was at upwards of 96% active time. My response was, "my tank didn't die."

I don't feel bad if I get out healed by the raid healer, and I don't feel bad if I get out healed by the other tank healer. I feel bad if my tank dies, even if it wasn't my fault. It can be difficult to out heal stupid.

On another note, if you are dps in my 5 man, and you pull before the tank zones in, be prepared to die, then I'll heal the mage tank.
said by Energystream:

Healing meters give a general idea, but far from telling you who's doing the best. You might just be the fastest and clipping others heals.

Guilty!!!

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

It seems like some of the healers wanted to focus on raid healing and the tanks suffered, so I did a few encounters as just tank healing. I would keep Renewing mist on cooldown every time it was up, soothing mist on the lowest tank and pop my 3-chi mega-hot every time it was up. If I won the chi-lottery, the goal was to have the 3-chi mega-hot on both tanks at all times. I noticed that my healing was significantly high.

Now I just need to get some better gear because I'm going OOM too soon.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Exodus:

clearly, this is what makes healing so fun in early expansions, amirite?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

and resets bosses apparently.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Endbringer

to Endbringer
this video give some solid insight into the mindset you need to be an effective healer... some my disagree but they are clearly wrong. It taught me everything i needed to know about healing.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· XX6Hqrlg

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

said by Exodus:

and resets bosses apparently.

Every expansion I find one way to supremely fuck up a single encounter.

Vanilla: Mind control mishap when Razuvious was at 5%.
BC: Throwing a core to a kiter on Vashj, effectively rooting him in place, causing him to get killed and creating a wipe.
Lich King: Path of Frost during 25-man raid as we transitioned from 4th to 5th boss in TOC.
Cata: I can't remember.
Mists: Getting locked out of an encounter because I was trying to eat a feast for a buff, so I sit outside the encounter and heal myself because of the mind control damage debuff, with no one to break it. We make it to the fourth and final boss in the encounter and he decides to leap outside of his room and land on top of me and then instantly despawn. I try to chi roll into the raid and pretend nothing happened. Got flamed by the entire raid, including Jobbie and my wife.

Not sure if L5 or L0.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Exodus:

Got flamed by the entire raid, including Jobbie and my wife.

feelsgoodman.jpg
Jobbie

Jobbie to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
HEALING IS FEELING!

WHEN YOUR TANK IS TAKING DAMAGE YOU ARE TAKING DAMAGE!

WHEN YOU TANK DIES YOU DIE!

CLOSE YOUR FUCKING EYES AND KEEP HEALING!

FEEL THE HEAL!

WHAT IS IT TO FUCKING THINK ABOUT? THERE IS NOTHING TO THINK ABOUT... NOW YOU WANT TO USE YOUR FUCKING HEAD MOTHERFUCKER? EVERYBODY SEAT ON YOUR FUCKING HEADS.

Priceless
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to Exodus

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Monks go oom?? jp, but as long as you have >6000 spirit you should be fine for LFR. At first I wasnt using the mana tea glyph as I liked to get longer channels during down time, but man that thing is legit. Use it on cd and youll finish each fight with lots of blue bar in the tank.

Make sure on the Spiritbinder fight(especially on LFR) you go into the totem heal your self with sooth.instant surging mist then leave. You'll be full mana all fight and can just spam glyphed uplift. I think the run I did this past week in LFR I was chilling around 60% healing done or some shenanigans.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

That glyph still requires you to have charges to consume, right?
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic

The mana tea one yes, the uplift one no.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

I don't know if I agree with using the Uplift glyph to where it uses mana instead of Chi.

I kept mine as the original with using the 2 Chi to cast Uplift. By the time I regain 2 Chi to use Uplift, the HoT has passed to at least 3 players/pet to make it most effective...and it's essentially free to cast at that point. I'd think you'd go OOM too quick if you had Enveloping Mist cost mana AND Uplift too. Isn't that like a total of 5k mana for EM + UL? Costly in high raid damage encounters.

Mana tea is one of those REQUIRED glyphs. Consume 2 stacks of mana tea for instant mana regain.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I think that the Uplift Glyph will be more valuable as time goes on. Chi is a resource that is finite, even with gear. As you progress through different content, spirit will only increase. Your effective mana pool (despite your mana bar staying the same) will increase.

Eventually, your mana regen will be ridiculous enough to feel like the Uplift glyph will be worth something. With the Thunder Tea, I'm able to keep the HoT up on over half the raid. When raid damage hit, I had 4 chi points and was able to hit uplift twice for massive amounts of raid heals.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to Endbringer

to Endbringer
My mistweaver is currently at 87 right. Got clearance from the GM of my guild to switch from rsham to Mmonk for this xpac, so now i'm hugely focusing on getting this toon raid ready. Guild has a DMC and other resto gear in waiting for me now.

I can see what you're saying Arch and you're right with the Spirit of course. I haven't used Thunder tea that much (have it on my bar, don't remember what it does). I'll have to play with that more.

Off-topic question: Is there a gear vendor where you can buy a complete set of gear in Dread Wastes or something (similar to the one in Jade Forest) where it'll make it easy to transition between specs?

At 86, I picked up Wmonk and of course most of the quest rewards go for what spec you are so i only have a majority illvl 372 greens and a couple 410 blues for mistweaver now.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to Energystream

Premium Member

to Energystream
said by Energystream:

Healing meters give a general idea, but far from telling you who's doing the best.

Agreed.

But when mistweavers are 10-20k HPS higher than any other class, something is wrong.

Easiest way to steam roll raids atm.
1. go 10m
2. monk tank
3. monk healer
4. ???
5. profit

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
You won't use thunder tea until you're in a raid environment.

The idea is to get 2 of those hots out and when the first one is about to expire, pop the thunder tea, hit uplift and renew all those durations. You can get 2 more hots out for a total of about 16 players. If you have constant raid damage and get to the point where your mana is of no concern, you could spam uplift for ridiculous amounts of numbers.