spc
uniqs
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned) to jtimson

to jtimson

Re: [iPhone] Purple lens flare: that is normal says Apple

So, you're saying then that purple fringing is no big deal and Apple got it right and that the extra work a person has to put into making the picture look good is also acceptable? Interesting point of view.

jtimson
join:2000-08-10
Tuckahoe, NY

jtimson

No, I'm saying that when you shoot under certain circumstances there will be artifacts or aberrations in many cases. If it's a shot worth keeping there are some simple tweaks to tone it down. There are limitations and idiosyncrasies with all cameras and optics, just because a camera has high megapixels doesn't mean it's the perfect camera for all situations, shooting at angles to a bright light source can be tricky, if it wasn't purple halo, the whites might be blown or the faces might be in too much shadow rendering the picture unusable. The iPhone 5 isn't a perfect camera, oh wait, it's a phone, never mind...
67845017 (banned)
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

said by jtimson:

No, I'm saying that when you shoot under certain circumstances there will be artifacts or aberrations in many cases. If it's a shot worth keeping there are some simple tweaks to tone it down. There are limitations and idiosyncrasies with all cameras and optics, just because a camera has high megapixels doesn't mean it's the perfect camera for all situations, shooting at angles to a bright light source can be tricky, if it wasn't purple halo, the whites might be blown or the faces might be in too much shadow rendering the picture unusable. The iPhone 5 isn't a perfect camera, oh wait, it's a phone, never mind...

Yeah, yeah, I understand all of that. I've had SLRs since I was young. My GS3 doesn't do what the vaunted iPhone 5 does and neither do the HTC Amaze phones the rest of the family has and neither did my old Blackberry.

My point is that being an apologist for Apple's screw-ups is amusing.

jtimson
Tuckahoe, NY

jtimson

Who's apologizing? I happen to think the iPhone 5 is a huge disappointment, maps sucks, the earbuds are a joke, the new Lightning port obsoletes scores of accessories. I just think this purple halo thing isn't what everyone makes it out to be. Hey you like your Samsung, great! I happy you have a device that does everything you want. So why do you care whether the iPhone has an issue with its camera. The best way to show your displeasure to Apple is to not buy their products and it looks like you have done that already.
67845017 (banned)
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

Phones are always in play. Since the company pays, I choose what I want. IP5 was a consideration for a bit. So as long as these brands are in play for me to possibly purchase, I comment.

Personally, I'd rather have had the Lumia 920, but I couldn't wait any longer. The GS3 is okay.

jtimson
Tuckahoe, NY

jtimson

Fair enough, good luck!