share rss forum feed

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

Monk Fishing

Did anyone here know that you could level fishing from 1-600 in the same pool of water at the monk-only zone?
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI

1 edit

said by Archivis:

Did anyone here know that you could level fishing from 1-600 in the same pool of water at the monk-only zone?

I always assumed you could do that from any form of water. I use to power level my guys in Deviate waters back in the day.

edited: Wailing Caverns is the area I was talking about.

--
67 Pogasim (Monk Brewmaster), 85 Sunlock (Dwarf Lock), 85 Shocktrio (Draeni Shaman)

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Archivis

i needs meh some golden carp, where are they? please cooking is lacking

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

Golden carp just fish in inland open water, you'll get plenty.

I started waiting till I have 60 and then turning them in for an iron paw token.

BTW you can still do the Major city cooking dailys and get 1-2 skill points a day (only toward general cooking not toward a way.)

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

thanks, ill have to get them later

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to cymraeg

You can begin fishing Golden Carp and Tiger whateverthey'recalled at level 20 in the panda zone. From what I read, it's the only place you can fish that stuff in the 20's and on, all while skilling up the fishing.

I had 3 stacks of that stuff and I was fishing regular ass water. I didn't discover the pools until later.

I think it is possible to coordinate a few fisherman into making a killing on these fish as there's only a handful of pools in this zone. There is probably a few pools outside the monk zone. If you can get someone to fish these pools, you can rotate them around.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Well golden carp are frankly crap.
once you get cooking higher you'll only want golden carp for one of the cloud dailies. (it takes 10 golden carp cooked into fish cakes.)

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to Archivis

Yeah, plus you have to fish the other fish for another quest, you can get carps and that fish in one cast..

But I'm still fishing trash out of the water, should have brought my rod and new lure (250 skill up).. at 560 I'm still missing several casts.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Ya I'm at 600 and if I don't use my +30 rod and +5 hat and +75 lure I catch greys still.

I need to work on nat pegle rep so I can get his hat, its plus 5 but it attaches a +150 lure. plus I think he has some other stuff.

per a wow fishing site you need 650 in jade forest to not get greys, and for the wilds I think its 700.

I think it said dread wastes is about 900 skill to not get greys.

djlar

join:2009-04-23

Have an engineer make the 250 lure, not that expensive, only needs like 1 of each (bolts and explosives) to make

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Just eaiser to stick to Jade/wilds/ and KLS

And sometimes Vale (I haven't gotten may greys there)

the Nat pegle rep grind is nuts, you have to fish up 3 special fish (each takes a long time of fishing) one is from sea water, another from inland water and the last from sha-touched water.)

luckily the turn ins of those fish also give angeler's rep.