spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

patryan9

join:2004-06-16
Bolton, CT

[DTA] DTA getting more channels? (almost?)

Our DTA starting tuning in a lot of new channels recently... however most of them say something along the lines of "this is not included with your current package"... which isn't true since we get everything on our HD cable box. Is this something that others are experiencing? Are the channels not available yet or should I call them to send a signal to my DTA to enable the channels to come in?

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
Odd. Or are they now going to annoy DTA users by putting all channels in and screwing channel surfers. If it's not a mistake, it may be their attempt to try and convince you get a full cable box or different package. Sort of like how you can't easily hide channels with iGuide (you have to create a Favorites list, then hit the FAV button after going into the guide.)

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
sounds like its a way to entice you to upgrade your DTA to a full STB with 2way capability

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
reply to patryan9
sounds like a way for your cable co to entice you to upgrade your DTA to a full fledged STB

patryan9

join:2004-06-16
Bolton, CT
reply to patryan9
I ended up calling them last night out of curiosity. The woman was very nice, told me that the DTA should get basic and digital starter but that's it. Couldn't say why some of the other digital preferred channels were showing up (but saying call Comcast to see about getting these in your package)