Premium Member
join:2003-01-28
canada

pulp46 to kovy7

Premium Member

to kovy7

Re: Bell Usage Meter counting LAN data?

said by kovy7:

LAN doesn't count. He could show you his daily used to see what's going on.

So, he could copy and paste this "daily used" thingy to me? What program would that be or is it gathered from a Bell website, url?
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

It's on the Bell website, he needs a account "Log in to My Bell".

pulp46
Premium Member
canada

pulp46

Premium Member

said by kovy7:

Thank you kovy. Since I can't access it and he's at work (unreachable) would the information include detailed info like Mac Addresses (in case a hacker took over wifi) and all traffic history? Kudoed!
kovy7

kovy7

said by pulp46:

said by kovy7:

Thank you kovy. Since I can't access it and he's at work (unreachable) would the information include detailed info like Mac Addresses (in case a hacker took over wifi) and all traffic history? Kudoed!

Yeah, it's not detailed enough. It's only shows download and upload each day.

pulp46
Premium Member
canada

pulp46

Premium Member

Just the GIG totals?
pulp46

pulp46 to kovy7

Premium Member

to kovy7
I presume a customer can gain access to the real traffic while disputing the usage? Has anyone done that? Surely Bell can't just state you did X amount of traffic, pay up without seeing what machines and what kind of traffic it was.... Judge, jury and executioner?
kovy7

kovy7

said by pulp46:

I presume a customer can gain access to the real traffic while disputing the usage? Has anyone done that? Surely Bell can't just state you did X amount of traffic, pay up without seeing what machines and what kind of traffic it was.... Judge, jury and executioner?

Yeah only the gigs each day.

Gain acces to real trafic... no.

Best west is geting your own router that counts WAN traffic and compare it to bell.

And this is why CAPs are a big problem...

pulp46
Premium Member
canada

pulp46

Premium Member

Wow,that's pathetic. I'm going to insist he gets onto TekSavvy Cable, like I am using. 300 GIG and I swear they don't even bother counting the usage. Also have Unlimited but no need really.
kovy7

kovy7

said by pulp46:

Wow,that's pathetic. I'm going to insist he gets onto TekSavvy Cable, like I am using. 300 GIG and I swear they don't even bother counting the usage. Also have Unlimited but no need really.

They don't bother yet, cause they don't have a usage tracking for now I beleive.

But teksavvy or any other wholesales ISP is usually generous with CAPs.