Search similar:

uniqs

quanta
Premium Member
join:2002-05-07
Toronto, ON

quanta

Premium Member

[Cable] Any thoughts on cable on Scarlett POI (Etobicoke)

Been a happy TekSavvy DSL customer for three years...considering faster speeds, so I'm looking at switching to cable.

Problem is, the cable DSLR reviews seem all over the place. I understand cable is shared, etc., however can anyone speak to the overall reliability of cable vs. DSL once everything is set up - and specifically firsthand experience for Etobicoke/Scarlett users? Thank you!
buttaknife
join:2007-06-01

buttaknife

I have not had many issues. A few brief outages over the couple years that I've had service here but nothing crazy. Though, as a general rule of thumb, I'd avoid using TekSavvy's DNS servers. They've pretty flakey most of the time for me.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to quanta

Premium Member

to quanta
I don't think there have been any problems with TSI Cable in the GTA since the monster (and much overdue) POI upgrades were done back in May or so...

Not sure if they've added capacity since, or it's just been done silently (and Rogers did them on time) since there were no stop sells or any other capacity related issues discussed here over the summer.

I certainly haven't had issues in Scarborough, I was on McNicoll POI until about a month ago when I was moved to the newly created Comstock POI.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

A friend is on Scarlett and has absolutely no complaints...and he's the complaining type.

quanta
Premium Member
join:2002-05-07
Toronto, ON

quanta

Premium Member

Excellent. Well, cable here I come. It's been a while - does eXcite@home ring any bells?

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by quanta:

Excellent. Well, cable here I come. It's been a while - does eXcite@home ring any bells?

Haha... I was on Shaw Wave, before they become Shaw@Home in Scarborough, before the evil Red Empire bought the area.
c_gadfly
join:2008-05-23
Toronto

c_gadfly to quanta

to quanta
No problems to speak of. Had a node split a few months ago.