spc
Search similar:

uniqs

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

Cheap

Well, that's cheap compared to the $300 activation fee charged by Cablevision for a similar tier of service (Ultra)!
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

Moffetts

Re: Cheap

said by limegrass69:

Well, that's cheap compared to the $300 activation fee charged by Cablevision for a similar tier of service (Ultra)!

Comcast charges a $250 "install fee" (which even the techs don't seem to understand) for their 105 service, even if you already have their 50 meg service. The kicker, of course, is that they only charge this fee outside of the northeast market, where the 50 meg users were seamlessly upgraded to 105 for free and with no increase in their monthly bill.

Funny how that works.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to limegrass69

to limegrass69
But CV's $300 install tier is $100 per month instead of $110, and upload speeds are 15 Mbps instead of 5 Mbps.

So you break even after 10 months and get much higher upload speeds on CV. I'd take that over Charter's tier any day.

The corollary to this is that I'd stay on the 30/4 tier if I was in Charter-land, despite the fact that I've been known to pay $115 per month for 'net service (Comcast 50/15).
UofMiamiGrad
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Syosset, NY

UofMiamiGrad to limegrass69

Premium Member

to limegrass69
said by limegrass69:

Rutledge is following what he helped implement at Cablevision prior to him leaving, but figures in Charter areas $200 is enough to slow demand for the tier.