Stupid people piss me off.
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
NJ

Jodokast96

Premium Member

Re: [NJ] Looking for a new bank

To respond to a few of the posts:

TD is who I'm currently with. They've pissed me off for the last time.

I do need some branches. The ones I'm looking at are smaller regional banks. No small local banks nearby. PNC offers me more access, but so far Beneficial seems the way I want to go. I'm just concerned about their smaller number of branches, especially after being with Commerce/TD for over 20 years. TD does have convenient locations and hours, but their service and corporate policies have gone down the crapper.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

I use a northern NJ bank that only has 20 branches. It's not a problem because:
• There's a branch within walking distance of my house.
• They don't charge to use other banks' ATMs.
• They rebate the ATM fees charged by other banks up to 4 times/month.

So a smaller bank is not necessarily a problem.

Just out of curiosity, what don't you like about TD?

Jodokast96
Stupid people piss me off.
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
NJ

Jodokast96

Premium Member

The service has been going downhill for years, and has just gotten worse since TD took over. Add to that Commerce never played the fee game, but TD is just as bad with fees as all of the big banks now. The final straw was a teller not honoring my request to change the amount of a deposit when I realized it would result in $x.99 returned to me. Hoping to help them out, I asked to reduce the amount of the deposit by $.01 so I got back a full dollar amount. Instead the prick teller took 99 pennies, threw them in an unsealed letter envelope separate from my bills and sent it through the tube.
Jodokast96

Jodokast96

Premium Member

Just a quick update, I decided on Beneficial. I haven't had any real chance to use them as I'm still in the process of running everything down with TD. But I've got one account already closed, will probably close three more today, and will just have one remaining check to clear before I am totally done with them. Signing up with Beneficial took a bit longer than I expected, but that was from them taking their time to really go through everything with us and a computer glitch.