Search similar:

uniqs

Doc Lithius
join:2009-08-19
Rock, MI

1 edit

Doc Lithius

[HN9000] Hughesnet's Idea of Customer Service

So, about a month ago, I posted a thread on the official Hughesnet forums titled "Tumblr and TurboPage Function" which detailed a problem I'd been having with Tumblr when my TurboPage Function was enabled. Long story short, with TurboPage on, Tumblr would log me out when I tried to ask a blog a question. The response I got back, as you can see, was not exactly satisfactory.

After a month of on-and-off responses, they basically tell me "You should probably upgrade!" My question? Why? Why should I upgrade when my current service, up until the last year or so, has been acceptable? Why should I upgrade to something that may be superior performance-wise, but vastly inferior in the long run? Why should I upgrade? So your engineers won't have to deal with my problem?

As I said there, I realize that Katie is just "doing her job" and trying to push the new hardware to people, but you know, not everyone is going to want to upgrade. And as I also said, not everyone can upgrade. I know I certainly can't. Do they know that? Probably not. But telling me the simple solution to my problem is to upgrade certainly is not going to instill me with confidence in my company of choice.

Heh213
join:2012-06-16

Heh213

Hughes has been a bit shady on the customer service / company side for a while I guess.

Most recent occurrence was my parents threatening to cancel their service; instead of a "We're very sorry you feel that way, here's a discount" they went through a motion about how they were on a "Home Deluxe" plan and how they were going to be downgraded to save money.

I found this pretty amusing figuring they were already on the lowest plan, nothing changed service wise; I think they got $10/month knocked off their bill and a new contract.

Doc Lithius
join:2009-08-19
Rock, MI

Doc Lithius

Welp, it took a month to get resolved, but wouldn't you know it? HughesNet fixed the problem!

I can now not only ask questions as myself on Tumblr with the TurboPage Function enabled, but LiveJournal no longer logs me out! Awesome!

Month or no, I really can't argue with the results. They fixed it. And that makes me happy.