share rss forum feed

FF4m3

@rr.com

Firefox 16.0 Released

Download Localized Versions.

Fixed in Firefox 16:
MFSA 2012-87 Use-after-free in the IME State Manager
MFSA 2012-86 Heap memory corruption issues found using Address Sanitizer
MFSA 2012-85 Use-after-free, buffer overflow, and out of bounds read issues found using Address Sanitizer
MFSA 2012-84 Spoofing and script injection through location.hash
MFSA 2012-83 Chrome Object Wrapper (COW) does not disallow acces to privileged functions or properties
MFSA 2012-82 top object and location property accessible by plugins
MFSA 2012-81 GetProperty function can bypass security checks
MFSA 2012-80 Crash with invalid cast when using instanceof operator
MFSA 2012-79 DOS and crash with full screen and history navigation
MFSA 2012-78 Reader Mode pages have chrome privileges
MFSA 2012-77 Some DOMWindowUtils methods bypass security checks
MFSA 2012-76 Continued access to initial origin after setting document.domain
MFSA 2012-75 select element persistance allows for attacks
MFSA 2012-74 Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (rv:16.0/ rv:10.0.8)

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17

1 recommendation

Plus:
»www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/16···senotes/

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to FF4m3

My FF bumped up a version just a few minutes ago.

MomOfARocker

join:2009-06-07
Canada

1 recommendation

reply to FF4m3

It appears that Mozilla may have pulled Version 16 as it is not being offered to some people through the internal updater. There has been some discussion about it in the Mozilla forum: »[Mozilla] Firefox 16 / 10.0.8 ESR release

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to FF4m3

Mozilla Platform meeting - 10/09/2012

quote:
Firefox 16 released this morning (throttled) after delays in pushing out desktop/mobile

We’ll unthrottle for 2 days starting Thursday

FF17b1 is being built, targeting release of Thursday morning

FF18.0a2 is targeting release for Friday morning.
FF19 (Nightly) - got it last nite.

In the meantime, get it at FF4m3 posted link Localized Versions
--
Gladiator Security Forum: www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

therube

join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

1 recommendation

reply to FF4m3

And while we're here, SeaMonkey 2.13 has also been released.

And it too is not yet available through automatic updates - but for different reasons (waiting till after MS's "Tuesday" updates).
(What did you say, it's Wednesday already. Ah, well.)

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by therube:

And while we're here, SeaMonkey 2.13 has also been released.

And it too is not yet available through automatic updates - but for different reasons (waiting till after MS's "Tuesday" updates).
(What did you say, it's Wednesday already. Ah, well.)

SeaMonkey is always slow in getting the internal updates.
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to FF4m3

For those who Norton products with its Toolbar...

»community.norton.com/t5/Norton-T···p/821572

»community.norton.com/t5/Norton-I···p/821582

»community.norton.com/t5/Norton-3···p/821578
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

therube

Randallstown, MD

1 recommendation

reply to antdude

Re: Firefox 16.0 Released

Heh.

"This is a tracking bug for Build and Release of SeaMonkey 2.13.1 We expect an actual release on Friday 12 October."

»bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=800217

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by therube:

Heh.

"This is a tracking bug for Build and Release of SeaMonkey 2.13.1 We expect an actual release on Friday 12 October."

»bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=800217

Ugh, another .1? This is getting silly!
--

therube

Randallstown, MD

1 recommendation

A quick inquiry points to a "security" issue, so you can be sure that FF is going to have a 16.0.1 too.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by therube:

A quick inquiry points to a "security" issue, so you can be sure that FF is going to have a 16.0.1 too.

Great. I wonder how bad it is if it is for those with v16.0 like in Mac OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion). Funny, that I delayed my upgrade until today to ensure there were no problems after a full day. I should had waited a bit longer.

I find it interesting that SeaMonkey's web site still shows v2.13 instead of v2.12.1 while Firefox's web site offers v15.0.1 instead of v16.0.
--

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

2 recommendations

reply to antdude

How is it through 6 betas that this security issue wasn't remedied before officially released? Can we blame the damned 6 week cycle or QC issues with Mozilla developers?

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State

1 recommendation

reply to FF4m3

v16's Security Risk

»arstechnica.com/security/2012/10···ty-risk/

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC

1 recommendation

Thanks for this, antdude See Profile

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

1 recommendation

reply to FF4m3

Re: Firefox 16.0 Released

Just stick with v15.0.1 ..will be fixed shortly.

»news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-575302···ty-flaw/

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by Name Game:

Yeah, but some of us already have the latest. I don't think we can downgrade without corrupting our data?
--

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Naked Security just came out with this...read the last of it especially to get back to 15 with a Hoooray

»nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/10···nfusion/

PrntRhd
Premium
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA

It says 15.01 but when you get to choices, it only gives you 16.0

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

Then you are telling me this part does not work ?

To go back to 15.0.1, you have to go to the new download page. That does offer you 15.0.1, to which you're recommended to downgrade. Until tomorrow, when version 16 should be released and you can upgrade the downgrade of your upgrade:

Confused? Sorry about that.

If you haven't yet updated from 15.0.1, you're fine. If you already have version 16.0, grab 15.0.1 from the new link
»www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

and install it over the no-longer-the-newest 16.0.

Once you've downgraded, you'll get another Hooray! page. This time you will be up to date - for a while, anyway.

And if you're not yet on either 16.0 or 15.0.1, you probably need to have a little chat to yourself about updating in general.

Although this latest issue reminds us that it's occasionally problematic to be too far ahead of the curve, it's always risky to be behind.

--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY

1 recommendation

reply to antdude

said by antdude:

said by Name Game:

Yeah, but some of us already have the latest. I don't think we can downgrade without corrupting our data?

Same issue here. Shouldn't they release something that can go over the top of 16?
--
The Alien in the White House

19,694 DEADLY TERROR ATTACKS SINCE 9/11

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

said by La Luna:

said by antdude:

said by Name Game:

Same issue here. Shouldn't they release something that can go over the top of 16?

Let's just hope Mozilla can release the 16.0.1 patch tomorrow without any new issues!
--

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit
reply to PrntRhd

Click for full size
said by PrntRhd:

It says 15.01 but when you get to choices, it only gives you 16.0

Strange..here is a screenshot of my download..and if you look in the bottom left corner..I can download 15.01 hmmm.. maybe you have to clear your cache ? or go there with a different browser.

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY

1 recommendation

reply to antdude

said by antdude:

Let's just hope Mozilla can release the 16.0.1 patch tomorrow without any new issues!

Exactly. I'm not going to try to roll back tonight at 12:20AM, if it gets borked, I'll be up all night trying to fix it, lol!

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Thunderbird 16.0 has also been released. I just got the update by checking "about" in TBird. I suppose there will be a 16.0.1 of Thunderbird any day now.
--
It is easier for a camel to put on a bikini than an old man to thread a needle.

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC

1 recommendation

Posted, rcdailey See Profile
»[Thunderbird] Thunderbird 16.0

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

2 recommendations

reply to La Luna

said by La Luna:

said by antdude:

Exactly. I'm not going to try to roll back tonight at 12:20AM, if it gets borked, I'll be up all night trying to fix it, lol!

Everyone IM me your Phone number..credit card number..and I will give you a call when it is safe to come out and even have breakfast waiting.
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

said by Name Game:

said by La Luna:

said by antdude:

Everyone IM me your Phone number..credit card number..and I will give you a call when it is safe to come out and even have breakfast waiting.

We're not falling for your social engineering and phishing! :P
--

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

There is always 10%....cold pizza for you then..was going to have the fox raid the coop and have free range eggs with tofu and non gluten rice cakes. bring your own java.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

said by Name Game:

There is always 10%....cold pizza for you then..was going to have the fox raid the coop and have free range eggs with tofu and non gluten rice cakes. bring your own java.

Don't forget to flash when butt naked! Also, bring some adobe.
--