join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to ArrayList

Re: November is coming

said by ArrayList:

i have no idea where that question is supposed to lead anything.

Hes implying one candidate will spy on us more than the other, however i fail to see that changing, with homeland security in one ear, the cia/fbi/nsa in the other, surveillance is a way of life. ( that we all have allowed to happen) Im sure the president is the one who legislated the installation of traffic cameras, and random cameras around my city.

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House
said by slckusr:

said by ArrayList:

Hes implying one candidate will spy on us more than the other, however i fail to see that changing, with homeland security in one ear, the cia/fbi/nsa in the other, surveillance is a way of life. ( that we all have allowed to happen) Im sure the president is the one who legislated the installation of traffic cameras, and random cameras around my city.

I have to add:
The Media+Press are perhaps the most responsible.
They've either remained silent or colluded with Gov to insure there's been no meaningful coverage.
--
Campaign contributions influence laws through a process called bribery.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

I think people need to understand that most the media is no longer what it once was. It's all beholden to large corporate interests and the status quo, often reporting PR from their owners and masters and aligned with Government friends to keep their profit interests safe and sound.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

kamm

join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY
Well said.

slckusr
Premium
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to Noah Vail
said by Noah Vail:

said by slckusr:

said by ArrayList:

I have to add:
The Media+Press are perhaps the most responsible.
They've either remained silent or colluded with Gov to insure there's been no meaningful coverage.

Of course the media has remained silent, we read stories almost everyday on this very website of some insider executive being promoted or hired to government positions, or appointed as advisors to government oversight committees etc..... We the people have become to worried about iPhone and Beiber to care about whats happening around us.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
reply to slckusr
No you can thank the State of Ohio for that one and the City of Toledo for believing RedFlex. After all, they spend roughly $1mill per camera when you factor in maintenance, admin costs, etc all. And how much does one camera make? Good question, it will NEVER be known since Toledo does NOT disclose how much they make after they pay out.

And those random crime cameras were put in for safety since Bell is busy buying SUVs for his broke city.

But what is funny is the city now has to PAY for electric hook up on those cameras, Before they were making First Energy provide it for free.