spc
Search similar:

uniqs
luckydriver
join:2006-12-29
Reading, PA

luckydriver

why is billing so antiquated?

my CC expired on autopay and i didnt realize it..no warnings from them on email (they have my address)...nothign that it was late ..nothing...

they said they have no such warning mechanisms..thing is i have other companies that i can set reminders for and one even reminded me of that expiring card on their system for 2 months

so the technology is out there. i know in the end i should know but with modern technology and tons of bills sometimes you cant keep track of cards expiration dates..who does that on a regular basis anyway lol
wheelbarrow
join:2010-01-06
USA

wheelbarrow

Yeah, from the sounds of it their billing system could be improved. However, it's also YOUR credit card.

It might be beneficial to you to have a list of the auto payments that you make every month in a spreadsheet (or some other budgeting software), along with the last four digits of that card number (unless you only have one card), just so you know what's going where. I personally don't have a credit card, since I'm still in college, but that's something that my dad does with his cards, and it works well for him.
luckydriver
Reading, PA

luckydriver

ok now what happened..on the phone last time i enrolled back in autopay with my new expiration date...she confirmed it, i got a letter confirming it, my bill said oct 30 it would come out..

IT DID NOT

i wonder what their excuse will be this time..when i called the auto system to try to set it up that way for next month they said they cant do payments on the 29 30 or 31..any idea why that would be?

so i made it for the 28th..wanna bet nov 28 comes and goes with no autopay?

Bobec
No Stooge
Premium Member
join:2001-01-04
Jefferson, GA

Bobec

Premium Member

I agree that many businesses who use auto-pay by credit card routinely send out notification emails in advance of your credit card expiration date; however, as wheelbarrow pointed out...bottom line: it is your card and your responsibility to know when it expires.

My guess is that their auto pay system isn't sophisticated enough to recognize the fact that months have different lengths, and that February doesn't have a 29, 30, or 31 (except once every four years it does have a 29.) In simple terms: all months have 28 days, without exception so the auto-pay can be consistent throughout the year.

You also need to understand what their system does when your selected day falls on a weekend or holiday. Many systems will process the payment on the first business day prior to the auto-pay date, so be advised so you won't be surprised.
luckydriver
Reading, PA

luckydriver

this is untrue..for the past year it's been taken out on the 30th and i've confirmed that on my statements...so the autopay has worked for the past few years..unsure why such the hassle now

plus if it's not possible to take out on the 30th why would my statement say this will be charged oct 30? something smells rotten here.

have to wait until after work to call and cant wait to hear what they say
luckydriver

luckydriver

what a worthless reply..they said sorry for the inconvenience and that the account does show on autopay

no reason why it didnt do the autopay then..ugh!