uniqs
share rss forum feed

codydog

join:2001-11-29
Newport, RI
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

[RI] Cox billing & customer retention

I am a long term customer , who was promised a price from retention rep, and then I got a bill $60 higher! Called and wouldnt be put through to the rep I spoke to, then another rep starts playing 20 questions. Offered one price, explained it was higher than before, offered a second price, explained again it was higher, offered a third price of 15 bucks higher. I am saddened by Cox's attitude and off-hand treatment, especially, after being told, by the rep to stay on hold while she worked on this. I asked if she could call me back and she said ,"no".

I am so glad Verizon is here. I dont understand at all why Cox plays these games. My advice is to check your bills 110%, complain and if you're not happy, sail away.

Goodbye Cox, sad to go, but I was treated so poorly today, that I can't imagine this is your policy. If it is, I am sad for you and your customers.

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Damn sucks there doing you like that, just after recently giving you a nice speed increase on ultimate. But I fully understand leaving, when a company rep promises you one thing, and next thing you know. Another rep trying to bs you around with offers, that are a good amount higher. If you have the choice of Verizon, and there FIOS service I don't blame you at all for leaving. As they can offer you some faster, and better deals as far as internet. Still remember stay on top your bill with verizon, as they are known for there nightmare billing.

codydog

Newport, RI

Actually, it wasnt so much the money, it was more how poorly I was treated.

Cox sppeds now are 100/20, Verizon is 75/35. Pretty much the same for my purposes. I hear Verizon'slatency cant be beat though.

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by codydog:

Actually, it wasnt so much the money, it was more how poorly I was treated.

Cox sppeds now are 100/20, Verizon is 75/35. Pretty much the same for my purposes. I hear Verizon'slatency cant be beat though.

Yes if your using your internet for stuff which latency matters it will be more steady for you, even during peak usage hours. But just like with anything, you will have some hiccups from time to time with there internet services. I agree I would rather have 75/35 then 100/20, but hell I am on 50/5 in our cox market, with no option of FIOS, so I would love 100/20 right about now . Also I understand being treated bad, and rudely. Which is a big no-no, when your paying for there service's, and not the place for a rep to act that way, as if money is coming out there pockets.

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:76
reply to codydog

I'm checking with your local system to see if anything can be done. Somebody should be trying to get in touch with you.

codydog

Newport, RI
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

No one contacted me, so, my guess is that Cox has no interest in retaining a long term customer. Verizon switched me over this AM - net cost was about +/- 15 bucks lower than Cox equivalent. I was Ultimate customer on Cox getting +/-100/25 or so, getting +/-85/35 on Verizon, so kinda equivalent.

Just to let you know how it ended up.

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:76

I was told somebody had emailed you. Should you change your mind let me know and I'll see what else I can do.

Msjk

@cox.net
reply to codydog

I am shopping for new internet service and found this place. I'm glad that I'm not the only one with these problems. We had a very bad experience with our cable provider's customer service 10 or so years ago. That memory coupled with the increasing cost for basic services is driving us to seek an alternative which is more economically friendly to families in these money strapped times. It looks like Verizon has the best internet plan for us. No I don't think Cox is worried about retaining residential customers. They can set whatever prices they want because they are the only cable available in most areas.
I would like to tell our horror story about their customer service. Way back when they were giving out the free cable boxes, we had an independent contractor/installer for Cox offer us one. We declined. Our next bill showed that we had taken the box. We went to the Cox office (then located at the old plantation) and spoke to the girl there. We told her that we had not signed for or gotten the box. She showed us the receipt for it with someone else's (the contractor"s) signature on it. We said that's not our signature.
She then offered to give us a discount on the services through the box we said we didn't have. In other words, she was calling us dumb liars and that we really had the box. She would not fix this even after we said we were going to the police to file fraud charges.
We went to the police the same day. The officer heard our story and looked at copies of the work order. He saw that the written signature was in the same hand writing as the installer's. He called Cox and they got the refund/billing correction done ASAP.
This is a true story and just another example of the really poor customer service we have endured. Sorry Cox, you just aren't worth what you are charging anymore.

codydog

Newport, RI
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to CoxTech1

Nobody called, nobody emailed.

But, I did call Cox to cancel the service yesterday and to see how to return the tv cable box and remote. The person I spoke to offered to give me the rate I was paying previously (which the prior person said was not available!). I declined and explained the rate was still above verizons. She said Cox was local and she could work with me. I guess when they see you've cancelled, its a different view. I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep Verizon or go back to Cox.

Cox has all my contact info. If they want to send me an offer, I'm happy to consider it. But it should be in writing from someone authorized to make the offer.

odog
Cable Centric Vendor Biased
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
kudos:10
reply to codydog

Sorry you got the run around man! If things don't work out we would love to have you back.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to codydog

said by codydog:

Goodbye Cox, sad to go, but I was treated so poorly today, that I can't imagine this is your policy. If it is, I am sad for you and your customers.

if you've been on cable a while now don't you realize they think their shit don't stink. dump cable for at least 91 days and they'll treat you like you're Jesus that just walked in the door.
new customer = we'll give you whatever you want
loyal customer = we'll fsuk you however we can because you won't leave for a bigger ripoff[satellite]
--
Despises any post with strings.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to lilstone87

Lets see 100/20 w/ 750 users/node or 75/35 w/ 32 users/node.
my guess is that 20mbps figure is powerboosted while VZ's 35 upload is what you get 24/7.

20megs upload? WAIT. WHAT??
--
Despises any post with strings.