join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to Count Zero

Premium Member

to Count Zero

Re: [iPhone] Bigger Fail Than Maps ...

It isn't. Apple makes slick products that work well. They also are highly standardized and designed to be simple--- so you learn how to do something, and it remains constant and works.

People naturally contrast Apple products to Android products because that's the way it exists in the marketplace... but we have to realize that that market isn't anything like the Apple one company-makes-all. It's hundreds of products, many very different in usage, quality, price, and build. The devices are often customized and skinned by the manufacturers and vary in usage and learning curve.

I've used a cheap phone. For the price, I felt it was good value, but it was clearly slow and laggy and a compromise.

I like my GS3. It's a great phone, slick, powerful and fast... I like the large screen due to my big fingers.... messaging on a small phone was a chore.

I also have custom ROMs I use on the phone and I love it's interoperability with my PC. I understand that all this customization is not for everyone, it's extra effort....

I do understand the appeal of the Apple devices. I think they are quality devices that are generally well designed and have a good user experience so I see why they are popular with the general public....

... having said that I believe things like the lightning are examples of milking the public, and I know people who buy the latest Apple product every time they are released.... irregardless of cost or need. I believe this behavior is clearly the status and social aspect in display.

I guess in summation I would say I believe Apple products are good, but consistently overpriced and deliberately lacking key technological features for purely control reasons.... and they have many extremely vocal fans who trumpet constantly about their personal superiority for using Apple.

You have to admire their success in the market, no doubt. Their corporate attitude, however.... no thanks.