All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Jobbie

to Jobbie

Re: [Raiding] Pride and Ego (Nathrezim) hits level 25!!

we are on tanks, swapping beacons, immer (now holy) will be on raid heals. as far as cleansing debuffs/ rescue healing that guy that never moves out of fire... we'll see who has more haste lol.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Should be easy this week. As long as we don't have jasper chains again.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

said by McBrain:

Should be easy this week. As long as we don't have jasper chains again.

You do have Jasper Chains again.

But those are the easiest ones to manage. Find your buddy and stand on his head.

I need to see how bad Cobalt is (in terms of explosion) but that's easy enough to just run away from until you have controlled explosions during Cobalt Petrification.

No purple means you're not constantly moving around the entire room.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

said by Nick D:

No purple means you're not constantly moving around the entire room.

Arcane Mages approve of this message.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Scorch more.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

I need to see how bad Cobalt is (in terms of explosion) but that's easy enough to just run away from until you have controlled explosions during Cobalt Petrification.

The cobalt ice traps are brutal. If everyone avoids them, they stay up and don't despawn. So you have to eat them, but that does dmg, so you need to use personal CDs when you do.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

Dk should be able to eat 3.

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

said by Lothario:

Dk should be able to eat 3.

Zone and Shield if I am correct. That should eat up some damage.
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

I'm the only DK in the raid - I can eat the ones close to me, and I did...but I can't be dragging the boss around, he can't get in proximity to the other bosses, and I can't risk getting my back to him. That would work with a DK dps I suppose.

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

said by clawfury:

I'm the only DK in the raid..

That makes sense.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Nick D

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

Scorch more.

lol @ Scorch.

Presence of Mind, ftw. I was over 60k in every attempt last night, and hit 64k on my 1 LFR kill. At the time, I believe 64k would have been top 2 Arcane Mage DPS in the US, according to WoL...I'm sure that number has increased over the course of the evening though.

But I need to learn Fire for that fight...Stupid European cheesing Fire Mages hit 179k on Stone Guard in LFR.

Lothario
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to Ginjer

to Ginjer
Icebound fortitude too with a quick death pact to heal back up.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

I tried a shiesty little trick of letting one spawn on me, then Iceblocking to wait out the three second detonation timer...and that didn't work...it seemed like the timer didn't start until I came out of Iceblock, it sucked.

One concern I have is that the description in the dungeon journal says it does 340k damage in a 7 yard radius...I definitely didn't see it hitting that hard, even when I didn't have my Ice Barrier up (absorbs 85k). Also, is that damage split, or is it equal to everyone?

Lothario
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

With all the self heals everyone has now it shouldn't be much of am issue.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Outside of my barrier, the only self heal I have is Rune of Power, which returns 1% of my max health per second, but I've gotta be standing in the rune for it to work.

One of the things I noticed is that we weren't coordinated enough when two people got chained. I think we should designate people to either move too their partner or stay still, so we don't have people running around all crazy.

Example, I am able to cover a lot of ground very quickly with blink, therefore if I get chained, it is more logical for me to move to my partner than for them to move to me. Muzzle can ghostwolf, the Hunters can disengage (not ideal, but you get the idea). The healers and melee dps should not run to their chain partners, they should stand their ground and let their counterpart come to them, Immer should be casting Leap of Faith on his chains partner. To piggyback off this, we should also designate what direction to move in when you and your partner have a cobalt mine planted under you. I personally move to the right for some reason, so my partner and I should be on the same page with this.

One more thing. Please, for the love of God, do not stand in melee range if you aren't hitting the boss with your sword or attached to a melee dps via a Jasper Chain. There is no reason for anyone other than clawfury, Tiermordius, and Furius(and his chain partner) to be in the boss's hitbox.

Set your range finder to /range 10 and try to keep your circle green until you get chained. When you get chained, you should have one dot in your circle, your chains partner. Period.

Once we can follow these pretty simple guidelines, get our "tank swaps" down, and pick up the DPS a little, we should be good to go.

That's just my 2 copper, if anyone has any response or further input, please voice your opinion. It's the only way we will loot those purple pixels. 10 quiet people won't kill raid bosses.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Lothario

Premium Member

to Lothario
said by Lothario:

With all the self heals everyone has now it shouldn't be much of am issue.

If that were the only dmg going out I would agree. There is a lot of AoE dmg in the fight... everyone has to be careful about the dmg they eat intentionally.
said by McBrain:

I tried a shiesty little trick of letting one spawn on me, then Iceblocking to wait out the three second detonation timer...and that didn't work...it seemed like the timer didn't start until I came out of Iceblock, it sucked.

One concern I have is that the description in the dungeon journal says it does 340k damage in a 7 yard radius...I definitely didn't see it hitting that hard, even when I didn't have my Ice Barrier up (absorbs 85k). Also, is that damage split, or is it equal to everyone?

It is a 3 sec. activation period (just like hunter traps, only a little longer). I saw the same thing in the dungeon journal and was very confused by the dmg. Usually it will say if the dmg is shared, but it doesn't. I'm starting to believe it is, though... We really should have tried staying in a tight group and just eating it for one round.

And yeah, I used leap of faith on muzz when he was clear across the room. the issue with chains isn't so much getting the 2 people together as much as it was keeping together as they avoided ground effects.

I'm going to be looking through WoL parses today to see where else we were falling short... well, when I can find breaks at work, that is.

Lothario
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to McBrain

to McBrain
btw Frost is #1 theoretical dps spec for mages.....

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I solo qued LFR (figured the first few weeks might have a larger number of good players than late DS runs did.

It was a full clear of the 3 bosses available in LFR.
For the first 2 I was top dps, (only by a little) and forgot about my rune on the 1st boss.

Annoyingly I used one of my charms on the 1st boss (forgetting that it didn't have anything for me (atleast in LFR)

then used a charm on the 2nd boss (I got a neck and chest (nether were clear upgrades)) The neck was lower ilvl then the VP one and the chest was the same ilvl but with a red socket instead of a blue, and I didn't feel like having to re-gem and enchant (though maybe I should have considered it more.)

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Lothario

to Lothario
I see that on Noxxic right now. (it's changed since last time I looked)

--t14 BiS--
Frost: 104577
Arcane: 102906
Fire: 101676

I reckon it all depends on what you're most comfortable with. I've never even looked at Frost, tbh. I think I'd fail miserably at it.

For this fight tonight I'm gonna stay Arcane and maybe swap out Frost Bomb for Living Bomb or Nether Tempest. I think Living Bomb would probably be the best dps in this particular scenario, I'll have to try and look something up to find out for sure.

Also, last night I ran a LFR with an Aff Lock that destroyed Stone Guard (soul swap will do that, I guess). He pulled ~90k, so I looked him up on the armory after we finished, and he had a 496 ilvl helm from the last boss in Heart of Fear...I thought that raid hadn't even been released yet, any idea on how he got it?

His name is Justus, Worgen Warlock, Proudmoore, Non Combat Pets is his guild.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Galleon, Salyis's Warband can drop it. Another reason we should be trying to take down these world bosses each week... especially with the gear being so restrictive.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
I saw on WoL last night that Fire Mages were pulling almost 180k DPS on Stone Guard in LFR...multi dotting basturds!

I learned absolutely nothing from doing LFR last night. Stone Guard mechanics were completely ignored. The second guy's were paid attention to slightly, i.e. stay far from epicenter, move out of fire, and the third guy's was ignored completely too...95% of my time was spent standing in one spot, refreshing my rune, and shooting pinkish purple lazorz at bad guys' faces.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Yeah, LFR is loot roulette... and cliff's notes for lore. Not real raiding.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Yep, though look at the loot tables before burning a charm.

It might not be worth it to burn a charm on a boss that doesn't have anything for you or you already have epics in those slots.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Also I got 2 items toward the legendary.

I think even though blizz doesn't want to admit it LFR is mandatory for people wanting to work on it (right now LFR+reg = 9 chances to get items for the legendary.)

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Man, I didn't get crap from LFR but gold...you guys are lucky.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I got the legendary item off the 2nd and 3rd boss.
and a neck and chest off the 2nd boss (which I DE'ed after the run)

Learned my lesson check the loot tables before burning a charm.

Also I already have the black prince at honored so I just need 10 of legendary item 1 and 10 of item 2.

As I haven't killed anything in reg yet does it give black prince rep? or is that just going to wait till 5.1?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

For the charm, do I just turn in 90 lessers to get one, then it'll give me an option for another roll on a boss kill?

I really hope the chances of getting loot are 100% when using them...it seems like an epic waste if it's not. I mean it takes 45 dailies to get one, and for people like me, that's 2-3 days of questing.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

It's a repeatable quest from one of the quest givers at the bottom of the temple of stairs. I like having the quest so that I see the numbers progress after each daily I complete. I haven't used any yet.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Yeah, I have the quest, but haven't collected 90 lesser charms (I'm at like 80).

You get an option when a boss dies to basically get another roll, correct?

You talk about someone who will be pissed, let me use a charm and not get some loot. I'll blow my top for doing all those quests to get the charm for nothing.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by McBrain:

You talk about someone who will be pissed, let me use a charm and not get some loot. I'll blow my top for doing all those quests to get the charm for nothing.

I hear that! I think you get 3 from the quest turn-in... but still... RAGE!