spc
Search similar:

uniqs
nfgbrian
join:2002-05-21
Toronto, ON

nfgbrian

DSL Down in Jefferson County, WV

Anyone having trouble with their DSL service in Jefferson County, WV? Lost connectivity around 4:00pm today and it hasn't come back up since. Looks like an authentication failure because my modem still has sync, just no connection to the net.

Anyone else or just me?
Cripes
join:2012-10-09
Charles Town, WV

Cripes

Not just you. Mine is out as well. Geographically, I'm just south of C-town.
nfgbrian
Toronto, ON

nfgbrian

I'm right in the city myself, good to know it's not just me. Hopefully they get us back up soon.
SnickerDoodl7
Lynchburg, VA

SnickerDoodl7 to nfgbrian

to nfgbrian
I'm near Hedgesville and been down since 4pm. I called and Frontier is taking info but at that time couldn't say what the problem was from or when it would be resolved. I am going to call billing once it is back up and request a credit!
Cripes
Charles Town, WV

Cripes

Finally got through to a recorded message that basically says "if you live in WV or IN, we broke your dsl. We'll get it fixed at some point, so deal with it."
lunanox315
join:2012-09-27
Martinsburg, WV

lunanox315 to nfgbrian

to nfgbrian
Yep mine is out as well and I'm between Martinsburg and Charles Town. Called and got a message that if you are in our area there is a problem but no eta on when it will be fixed.
jwoolman
join:2009-10-08

jwoolman to nfgbrian

to nfgbrian
My dsl went down just at 4 pm EST, too, here in Indiana 47374. Tried to hook up my Comcast connection, but although the ISP is connected - no internet. Went to Comcast site on my iPhone (Verizon wireless) and their conclusion was that the trouble was at their end, not mine. What the heck happened? Both dsl and cable were down at once for a few hours at least once before, years ago on a Sunday.

Cpt Chaos
@mycingular.net

Cpt Chaos to nfgbrian

Anon

to nfgbrian
I'm in Henry County, IN and we are down as well. Got through on a chat session and spoke to a rep who confirmed that they had an outage affecting around 60,000 customers. Said it was "pretty severe" and they would likely be working on it through the night.
jwoolman
join:2009-10-08

jwoolman to nfgbrian

to nfgbrian
At 1:38 am Wednesday, October 10, 2012: The dam broke and Internet was on again for both Frontier dsl and Comcast cable here in Indiana 47374 area.. Earlier I saw an online newspaper article from somewhere in Indiana, reporting that the cause according to Frontier was some non-Frontier person in Ohio slicing through an obviously crucial cable. No mention of Comcast being affected, but it certainly was (I kept one computer on dsl and the other on cable and both were suddenly fixed at the same time - so nice to see Google pop up again!). Frontier had said it would be fixed by 2am today (Weds) at the latest and they made the deadline with more than 20 minutes to spare.
lunanox315
Martinsburg, WV

lunanox315 to nfgbrian

to nfgbrian
I checked at 3:30 this morning and it was down but when I left for work at 7:00 it was up and running. Talked to my dad out near Glengary WV at around 9:00 and he said their internet is still down.
qi6588
join:2009-05-19
Shepherdstown, WV

qi6588 to nfgbrian

to nfgbrian
Down outside of Shepherdstown since around 7pm Sunday night. Put in a trouble ticket on Monday. Called again on Tuesday and they said there was the aforementioned outage in the Charles Town area and that my service *might* come up when that gets fixed.

The weird thing is the that the first CSR I talked to said the problem would be resolved in 2 to 3 weeks(?). Ehhh, ok, whatever. Maybe he was talking about the evening congestion issues? Or not.

Anyway...it was dead as dead can be this morning. I figure I'll call again to check later this afternoon.

wvjeepr
@verizon.net

wvjeepr

Anon

Near Keyser it is out and they said it was a fiber damage issue no timeframe for repair
nfgbrian
Toronto, ON

nfgbrian

Back up in Charles Town as of sometime this morning. I had to actually reset the modem for it to come back up. May want to try a reset if you're still down.

BigMacAttack
@184.19.223.x

BigMacAttack

Anon

Lost service yesterday somewhere between 4:30-5:00p.m. E.T. here in Berkeley Co. W.V., was restored somewhere between 5:30-6:15a.m. E.T.

An inconvenience, but i would really like to know what happened.
lunanox315
Martinsburg, WV

lunanox315

»m.tribstar.com/TTS/pm_10 ··· roy7zIvl

This was the cause of the problem and it affected both indiana and west virginia.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

3 edits

Hank

Premium Member

In Mineral County we went down last night at 6:30PM and was out for a 24 hour period. The Frontier announcement only mentioned WV and the Charles Town, Martinsburg and Romney CO's as being impacted by the outage. The rep advised me that a lengthy portion of cable was cut and stolen outside of Shepherdstown, WV and that they also cut the fiber. He specifically stated that it was only those areas that were impacted. But, it appears to have impacted several other areas as mentioned in the above postings.