spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

TheHox

join:2012-05-31
reply to TheHox

Re: PTP link problem, 300ft with NanostationM2

Well I'll try updating it and see what I can do.

I want to try and get most out of the 100MB as possible, so I am going to buy something else to do the link. I had these laying around and was hoping for better results, but after some more reading and other posts on other forums, seems I'll be lucky to get 1/2 that, especially in 2.4ghz.

Any recommendations on what will do it? 5ghz for sure, PowerBridge? or NanoBridge?

SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX
kudos:4

1 edit
said by TheHox:

Any recommendations on what will do it?

said by SipSizzurp:

Turn AirMax OFF and manually set ACK to the minimum value. Lock the channel width to 40 and enable channel shifting to step a half channel between the regular noise. Find the most quiet frequency using the built in air view utility or even a simple site survey. Push the TX power up to within 3 dB of maximum, or an RX level of -53 dBm on the partner radio, which ever comes first.

I have had best luck with the firmware version you are using. 5.3.3 is some excellent stuff. 5.5X got away from Ubiquity. Bloated and still waiting for more patches.

That will get you upwards of 90 Mbps. The Ubiquity forum is full of fum ducks, FYI, as incredulous as that may sound.

TheHox

So I take it you are reading my posts over there too? lol

I'll give that a shot today, thanks!

TheHox

reply to SipSizzurp
Click for full size
said by SipSizzurp:

said by SipSizzurp:

Turn AirMax OFF and manually set ACK to the minimum value. Lock the channel width to 40 and enable channel shifting to step a half channel between the regular noise. Find the most quiet frequency using the built in air view utility or even a simple site survey. Push the TX power up to within 3 dB of maximum, or an RX level of -53 dBm on the partner radio, which ever comes first.

I have had best luck with the firmware version you are using. 5.3.3 is some excellent stuff. 5.5X got away from Ubiquity. Bloated and still waiting for more patches.

That will get you upwards of 90 Mbps. The Ubiquity forum is full of fum ducks, FYI, as incredulous as that may sound.

I set ACK on the AP or STATION side or both?
I can go as low as 0, so 0.1 miles?
(Again I upgraded to 5.5.2 so I believe I have the right setting here?)

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18
kudos:1
Both sides. Size it a bit bigger than reality, I went about 9% more than the actual distance and it made a difference of 25 Mbps vs. 80Mbps ... that was on 5.8 though. And you do have the units mounted as high as possible right ?

SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX
kudos:4

2 edits
said by Semaphore:

Both sides. Size it a bit bigger than reality, I went about 9% more than the actual distance ....

That is good advice in general, but on a 300 foot link a setting of zero miles is still the most appropriate.

Edit - @ TheHox. I just looked at your site survey screen shot. You definitely need to get off of channel eleven. It looks like your best frequency would be 2.449 Mhz which would be available with channel shifting enabled, as I described above.

TheHox

Yes I got off 11, that channel was horrible.

I've tried channel 3, 4, and the one you just mentioned. Most I ever got was 30mbps, but just once. Average tests were around 15mbps.

I hooked it up to the router last night and everyone is using it, according to the MT router peak dl was 12mb, but I just saw it spike to 17mbps for a brief second. Still not happy with it, I've tried 20mhz width and 40mhz, channel shifting vs not, different ACK timings, AirMax on/off, adjusting the physical antenna.

I want to get something 5ghz to just test it compared to the 2.4ghz I have up. If anything it is a good learning experience for me. If I go 5ghz, powerbridge or nanobridge? Difference in cost of a few hundred isn't a huge deal if I can get the most out of it. I'd assume any device in 5ghz should be better than what I have here now. Or go crazy and go 10ghz?

Thanks again for the help.

join:2011-04-18
5.8ghz will blow the 2.4ghz stuff out of the water,

for 300ft you could use NanostationLocoM5's if you wanted.. Last year I did a shot in a small town about 4 blocks with two NanostationM5's and I was getting VERY close to maxing out the ethernet port. I highly recommend