uniqs
share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to mj3431

Re: If you can afford the 100 Mbps tier

said by mj3431:

You're assuming that everyone is getting the service at the standard rate. I'm currently getting 100M for $60/mo as part of my bundle. When the promotion ends I'll surely go back to 30 instead of paying nearly double just to keep this package.

This way they'll be able to charge the $200 "activation fee" to discourage people like me from taking advantage of great pricing in the future. Funny thing is Charter called me and offered me this spectacular deal, which I verified here on the direct forum before proceeding back in March.

if you're getting it at a promo rate you already have it and thus won't be charged the $200. This is only going to affect NEW 100 Mbps customers and they won't have a promo rate.

mj3431

join:2003-04-21
STL, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
I understand that it only applies to NEW 100m activations. My point was that when they bring promotions back (and they will at some point) this will discourage customers from purchasing the higher rate tier. This is simply a move to slow uptake on this tier since it costs them much more to upgrade the network, split nodes etc. to support it.