uniqs
share rss forum feed

DaneJasper
Sonic.Net
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-20
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:9

Fusion Free Borderless Calling Expansion (sorry Antarctica!)

Ten international destinations now included.

Late last year, we launched “Borderless Calling” for Fusion, with eight total hours of free calls to Canada. We chose Canada because it was our most popular international destination, and this has saved our Fusion members a ton of money on their monthly bills over the last year.

We are now expanding free calling beyond North America, to the top call destination on every continent!

For all the details, see the article: »corp.sonic.net/ceo/2012/10/09/fu···pansion/

-Dane Jasper
CEO & Co-Founder
Sonic.net
Sonic Telecom

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA

Sigh, if only I could get Fusion...

Tobester

join:2000-11-14
San Francisco, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET

1 edit
reply to DaneJasper

Wow Dane,

Your FUSION product just keep getting better and better!

Calling friends in Australia wasn't expensive under the old plan, but FREE calls definitely work for me.

Now I have to find new friends in Canada, the UK, Japan, Brazil, and South Africa too.

I guarantee an email went out to all my SF Bay area buddies telling them it's time to make the switch to Sonic's FUSION, now!

Tobester.

leibold
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET

said by Tobester:

Calling friends in Australia wasn't expensive under the old plan, but FREE calls definitely work for me.

My first thought was "What is the big deal?" since international calls with Sonic Fusion are so inexpensive to begin with.

However when I compare it with what I used to pay for calls to Europe (before Sonic Fusion) I see how this might be effective to attract new customers. If you don't see your country in the list of free destinations be sure to check the Sonic.net website for their low international rates.

As for Antarctica, perhaps that is a worthwhile target area for Sonic once they are finished with their fiber optic deployments in California (bonus: no trouble with an uncooperative ILEC)
--
Got some spare cpu cycles ? Join Team Helix or Team Starfire!

DaneJasper
Sonic.Net
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-20
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:9
reply to Tobester

said by Tobester:

Wow Dane,

Your FUSION product just keep getting better and better!

That's the big picture concept with Fusion: the more customers we add, the more efficiencies of scaling that we gain, and the more value we can add to the product such as this. The end-game is Fiber-to-the-home, which works financially at a 30%+ market share threshold (roughly; depends up construction type and cost.)

So, tell a friend!

-Dane