spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mywetconnect
join:2012-10-10
Henderson, NC

mywetconnect

[Embarq] It rains and my speeds drop by a third

I have been having this issue for sometime, and calls/chat sessions with customer service are a waste of time.

Every time it rains anywhere in this area, my connection speeds drop and it is not uncommon to simply lose all connectivity. Whenever I raise the issue with Embarq/CenturyLink, I am told to "check all my phones to be sure I have a signal splitter on them." If we have a week or two of dry weather, the problem resolves itself, and I SINCERELY doubt this has anything to do with my telephones and the signal splitters (which are installed, by the way).

Right now I am getting a hair over 2Mbs inbound and .3 (point three) outbound, which is about 60% of what I am paying for. I have a screen shot of this but I am uncertain as to the rules of posting for new users, so I refrain from posting or linking to a SpeedTest screen cap.

The area I live in is notorious for poor infrastructure (Henderson, NC), but I am very tired of paying for 3Mbs and getting 2, if that. Embarq/CenturyLink, I would like for you to please get off your hands and resolve this issue once and for all.
mywetconnect

mywetconnect

No insight and no help. I'm calling Time Warner. KMA goodbye, CenturyLink/Embarq.

Boss302_1970
join:2009-12-11

Boss302_1970 to mywetconnect

to mywetconnect
be lucky your not like me, if i get a storm in my area i have no service at all and no one cares as long as the bill gets paid

codyyy
@embarqhsd.net

codyyy to mywetconnect

Anon

to mywetconnect
i have the same problem been trying to get centurylink to fix it for a couple years and they dont care about us out in the rural areas. and you going back to time warner centurylink is thinking about buying that company
Javik
Premium Member
join:2006-10-02
Gilman, WI

Javik to mywetconnect

Premium Member

to mywetconnect
Make sure the phone wiring leading into your house has a "drip loop", a low spot or sag in the wire before it enters the building.

If you have a junction box or phone jack that is in a basement area, outside moisture can run down the outside wires, into the house, and moisten the screws and terminals of the inside box/jack.

This can lead to a temporary loss of signal, that goes away when the moisture dries out.

Also make sure the cover on the phone demarcation box (a gray box where the phone lines come in to the building), is securely screwed shut. If the cover screw is not tight, it may hang partially open and rain can get inside on the phone wiring.
mywetconnect
join:2012-10-10
Henderson, NC

mywetconnect

I got this "Engrish" reply today. I count at least 5 grammatical errors but there might be more. Reading this drivel makes my head hurt and my eyes water.

"I'm sorry to hear that your having issues with your speeds. Now I've reviewed your account I'm currently showing every in good standing. Now when the service does seems to decreases what lights are on the modem?
What I would recommend you do is when it happen again to give us a call that way we can properly troubleshoot for you."

CenturyLink, is this really what you want your "customer service" reps to send out? The buffoon who wrote this can't even write at junior high school level. How on earth is he supposed to address any technical issues? This is an unmitigated disgrace and confirms that my switching carriers was certainly the correct decision.

Yes, it was posted here to embarrass CenturyLink, assuming they can even be embarrassed. What a failure.