Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Santa Fe

Re: Weird Adobe Flash & Firefox 16 problem

»www.adobe.com/software/flash/abo ··· h/about/
Says 11.2.202.243 is indeed the latest on Linux for FF, but not for Chrome. Maybe that's what's causing the disparity.

Santa Fe
Living With Diabetes.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5

1 edit
If I Had Chrome, maybe, but I don't. Not even Chromium. I DO have Opera & it too says Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202, like the Firefox plugin about screen

shows. I DO know I have the latest libflashplayer.so file, I downloaded the newest install_flash_player_11_linux_i386.tar.gz package & found every occurrence of libflashplayer.so & replaced them with the new one. Still even after rebooting it still acts the same.

Actually it probably doesn't matter all that much anyway, as about the only time I use flash is for the odd Youtube video or NASCAR video clips, and the speed tests here. Just never noticed it before, till the update last night.
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!

Ctrl Alt Del
Premium
join:2002-02-18
kudos:1
reply to Wily_One
said by Wily_One:

»www.adobe.com/software/flash/abo ··· h/about/
Says 11.2.202.243 is indeed the latest on Linux for FF, but not for Chrome. Maybe that's what's causing the disparity.

Just to reiterate the point...

Flash Player 11.2 is the last supported "standalone" Flash Player version for Linux. For Flash Player releases after 11.2, the Flash Player browser plugin for Linux will only be available via the "Pepper" API as part of the Google Chrome browser distribution and will no longer be available as a direct download from Adobe.

Source: »blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2012 ··· nux.html
--
less talk, more music