All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

You can buy a gig but you can't use it.

I wonder why Karl and Revcb won't run this story about EPB. Seems their advertising is saying something completely different than what they are selling to customers.

It's just what I and others have experienced. They will sell a GIG to anyone that's not going to use it. If you plan on using it plan on paying $50k for the install and $9 to 10k/mo.

»www.timesfreepress.com/n ··· tanooga/

Mr Fel
INTJ - The Architect
Premium Member
join:2008-03-17
Louisville, KY
Asus RT-N66

Mr Fel

Premium Member

It isn't too surprising to see the differences really, between what is delivered and the service cost on the residential/soho and business connections. From how I read it, seems like the standard gig service connection is an oversubscribed residential/soho style service. So if they had fully used it, which was their intention, the other standard gig service subscribers in their area would have suffered. I agree though, the advertising on the gig service should have been more clear that it is a residential/soho style service and not a full business connection.

battleop

battleop

Right now they are carpet bombing the area with advertising. You are surfing local TV or Radio, you can't go 10 minutes without hearing EPB commercials. There are billboards all over town as well.

If you are going to throw terms like "Gigcity" around then you better be able to deliver what you are bragging about.
Sammer
join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

Sammer

EPB exaggerates in their advertising like everyone else, but the real moral of the story seems to be that Comcast offers really good service in an area where they have real competition. Contrast that to the the overpriced service cable companies provide in the areas where they now only face no longer competitive DSL.

battleop

battleop

They are exaggerating to the point where it's flat our lying. They are running commercials that lead people to believe that only EPB employees live in the Chattanooga area and that only EPB customers can run 4 Xboxes behind one router at the same time. There are some other commercials running where they make claims that no one is leaving EPB to go back to Comast and in another one one guy claims that Comcast had to come to his house to "Adjust Frequencies" every few months. No one I know can figure that one out.