Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Snakeoil

Re: Arrow - Premieres tonite

said by Snakeoil:

ok, my original post was a tad creepy. I'm liking this show for some reason, I dunno why.

I saw that post before you editied it. I was amused
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

I had a second thought or two, and felt maybe I should "clean it up".. lol.

ebgbjo
Sewing is cheaper than therapy
Premium
join:2007-09-14
USA
reply to Snakeoil

said by Snakeoil:

A bummer CW doesn't just rebroadcast it's shows over the weekend.

True.

LOGO however is running both Angel and Buffy so this girl is a one happy camper (even though I own both series)

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Alcohol

said by Alcohol:

I'm starting to like this show. It has potential.

Yeah, it's growing on me, too. Some interesting stuff going on...

Such as the boat being sabotaged, and mom trying to have her son kidnapped to find out what Oliver's father told him, and everything going on on that island in the flashbacks.
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

1 recommendation

reply to Boricua

When are they going to bring in some comic book baddies? I'm tired of the evil corporate asshole of the week.
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

LucasLee

join:2010-11-26

said by juilinsandar:

When are they going to bring in some comic book baddies? I'm tired of the evil corporate asshole of the week.

you mean like in episode 3 where they used Floyd Lawton as Deadshot?

i was kinda blown away that they appear to have killed him off so quickly.

Deadshot was never really just a Green Arrow villian, he certainly gets around the DC Universe, but given he and Queen are both marksmen makes him an interesting foil for Green Arrow.

i have a feeling he may be back with some sort of mechanized eye.

i also really liked that they had Dinah (i have such a hard time calling her Laurel) beat someone up, since, she's always portrayed as a better hand-to-hand combatant than Green Arrow is. i was worried they'd relegate her to the damsel in distress role.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

How do figure they'll have her end up with super powers as Black Canary?

LucasLee

well, there are several distinct periods in Black Canary's history when she had no sonic scream, but still kicks all kinds of ass.
so i'm not particularly concerned if they choose not introduce super powers. they could quite easily take the Christopher Nolan approach and say that this version of DC continuity has no "superheroes", only highly skilled and unique individuals.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to SixOfNine

said by SixOfNine:

Yeah, it's growing on me, too. Some interesting stuff going on...

Such as the boat being sabotaged, and mom trying to have her son kidnapped to find out what Oliver's father told him, and everything going on on that island in the flashbacks.

how did you pick up on the boat being sabotaged? Just the fact it was in a 'forgotten' warehouse?

I did forget about the mother being behind an attempted kidnapping.

I had assumed that the new father/husband was bad as well, but this last episode has me wondering. He didn't know about the salvage or the money spent.

This last episode was only so-so for me. I felt like he 'got the goods' on the bad guy a little easily. But the different twists did make up for it. And I am interested in seeing what happens now that the police seem to know who he is
--

LucasLee

they certainly escalated the overall plot by apparently outing Oliver .

the mother said the boat was sabotaged in episode 3 i believe

also, i know my inner fanboy is showing, but i'm pretty excited that Deathstroke The Terminator will be in the next episode.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

said by LucasLee:

also, i know my inner fanboy is showing, but i'm pretty excited that Deathstroke The Terminator will be in the next episode.

I am assuming that was him in the last episode.
--

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to Boricua

Is Steel, Queen's step-dad a DC hero?

»www.comicvine.com/steel/29-2031/

I keep thinking of that Shaq movie when ever I hear them mention Steel.

»www.imdb.com/title/tt0120207/
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Nope. Different guy you're thinking of.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to Boricua

Stills from the upcoming episode with The Huntress »screenrant.com/arrow-huntress-image-gallery/
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

Popping up in episode 11 ‘Trust But Verify’, Gaynor was Diggs’ commanding officer from his first tour in Afghanistan – who now himself works as a bodyguard for the Blackhawk Squad Protection Group in Starling City. This is, of course, a nod to Gaynor’s comic book counterpart, who was a member of DC’s legendary aviator group, The Blackhawks. In the midst of some armored truck robberies in the city, Gaynor becomes a polarizing figure between Oliver and Diggle.

From the link you provided.
Interesting.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to Boricua

If they can keep the writing up and keep the "bad buy of the week" down,the show may run for a few years (not 10 like Smallville..Amell is too old)

Sniper3142
Slapsho3142

join:2002-01-25
Tustin, CA
reply to Boricua

I have to admit that I REALLY LIKE THIS SHOW!

I'm surprised that the CW is putting out such an edgy show these days. Arrow has a darker and more serious tone then I expected and I hope this show will continue for many years.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

I kinda wish he actually shot to kill more. But over I am liking it too. Glad to see he 'branched' out to take down some other bad guys.

And now we at least saw how all the names appeared in the book when it was blank when his father gave it to him. I was hoping for more scenes of his survival or training on the island but maybe next week.
--

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to darcilicious

said by darcilicious:

Stills from the upcoming episode with The Huntress »screenrant.com/arrow-huntress-image-gallery/

I went through this thread to make sure that I'm not reposting, and I didn't see this. Here is screenrant's list of DC Comics characters who will appear in the TV show (of course, some already have), and how they have been changed in the transition from comic to television show.

»screenrant.com/arrow-cw-dc-comic···t-stars/
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

Also, my bad, the above is showing up in the NEXT episode, not this past one
--
♬ Music is life ♬

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

1 recommendation

reply to Boricua

Really really liking this show
--
♬ Music is life ♬

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX
reply to Boricua

I'm glad he's finally going after traditional bad guys like bank robbers and such.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 recommendation

I am glad that he actually kills some of the people as well. For a few episodes, it seemed that he would just wound them. And I kept wondering why he would just wound themwhen he likely could have shot them through the heart. I was hoping it wouldn't end up like the A-Team form the 80's where a million rounds were fired and no one ever died.

I liked ther latest show with the huntress. Should be interesting to see how some of these other characters are molded into the show.
--

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX
reply to Boricua

How much longer before he starts sporting the beard and a mask like the comic books?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

said by juilinsandar:

How much longer before he starts sporting the beard and a mask like the comic books?

Who cares as long as there are plenty of shirtless scenes??
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 recommendation

said by darcilicious:

said by juilinsandar:

hehe. I want laurel to sport the black canary outfit. Of course if she went shirtless too I would be ok with that as well
--

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

said by Voxxjin:

said by darcilicious:

said by juilinsandar:

hehe. I want laurel to sport the black canary outfit. Of course if she went shirtless too I would be ok with that as well

Might boost the male demographic as well
--

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to darcilicious

Humph.. men should be required to wear pasties.
Or the FCC should adapt NY states view on breasts in general.
In NY state women can go topless, just like a man.
I never would have imagined that being possible in NY state, CA maybe, NY, no.
--

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

said by Snakeoil:

In NY state women can go topless, just like a man.

This is also true in Ontario, Canada.
I think they won that right back in 2008, here.
In spite of that, I've never personally seen anyone do so; outside of Pride events or clothing optional beaches.

Anyway, moving on . . .

@ juilinsandar See Profile, he does allready wear the mask after a fashion, haven't you noticed the green band accross his face during scenes with the hood down? I think its like a camouflage face paint though.

When Oliver rushes back to a public scene in his normal life identity to cover up that he was the Hood like five minutes ago, how is it that his facepaint is quickly cleaned up in a hurry? Its not like he had time to stop at a restroom and wash it off. Y'think he's using wetwipes? lol. So yeah, I'd wonder why face paint instead of a quick removal eye mask.
--
IF TREE = FALL AND PEOPLE = ZERO THEN SOUND = 0
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

Funny the first thing I thought of is babywipes to remove the 'mask'. As for why he doesn't use an actual mask, my only guess would be that a mask can get moved during a fight and blind you, whereas the makeup will stay put.

Of course I can only guess as well that the reason people haven't been able to ID him from the eyes down is that in reality, the actual scene would be darker but they lighten it up some for the camera.
--