SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX
kudos:4
reply to TheHox

Re: PTP link problem, 300ft with NanostationM2

It is a small world. I have been using these products for a few years now, and the info I provided is first hand. Let me know if you have any questions on setting up any of my suggestions. A 300 foot link is quite short and even if you have quite a lot of interference you should still achieve over 80 Mbps. Channel shifting will prevent your radios from hearing the back ground traffic and subsequently pausing for the foreign traffic.

AirMax is hit and miss from one firmware release to the next, and the manual ACK setting will ensure maximum potential. I hope you still have 5.3.3 on them because 5.5x will prevent most radios from "Downgrading" to older releases.

For bandwidth testing be sure to set up j-perf on computers at each end of the link and test with multiple streams. Around 35 is streams is where most of my links will peak at 95 Mbps, the practical limit of the LAN port.

Ubiquity is approximately a 50/50% mix of stupidity and brilliance.

TheHox

join:2012-05-31

Well unfortunately I already upgraded to 5.5.2, it appears ACK menu is gone.

Best I have so far is 27mbs, but that is online testing, I have to get perf setup to test. Thats on 20mhz width

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18
kudos:1

It's on the Advanced Tab. Uncheck "Auto Adjust" and dial it as low as you can. I found the same on short shots. Auto sucked.

join:2011-04-18
reply to SipSizzurp

Why are you advising people to use firmware that is vulnerable to the skynet virus is my question....

Use 5.3.5 at least...... And with 2.4 I have done before and after testing.... 5.5.2 is the money firmware right now with huge gains over 5.3.3/5.3.5.

SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX
kudos:4

said by Newbie:

Why are you advising people to use firmware that is vulnerable to the skynet virus is my question....

Since I never use Ubiquity radios as perimeter devices and I have not heard of too many infections, it appears that you may have a good point. I do also have some 5.3.5 links running and they are as fine as 5.3.3

On that subject, I would recommend to anybody that Ubiquity radios be used only for packet delivery. If you need a router then get an Asus RT-N12 and flash it with Shibby Tomato firmware. It will the be the best 40 bux you ever spent.