NCRGuy
join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy to Pauly

to Pauly

Re: [Rant] Ontario Photo ID card now available at more locations

said by Pauly:

said by NCRGuy:

You're not required to show it to him, but you can choose to do so. In this case you clearly chose to do so. There was nothing wrong with it, and I'm pretty sure what you interpreted as embarrassment was actually confusion, as he couldn't understand why someone would carry that letter around with them.

what do u mean I clearly chose to? i didnt show him my card what so ever? all I showed to him was the letter they send with your card that says who can and who cant ask for your card. please re-read what I wrote next time. G's

Apologies. The absence of comprehensible use of grammar, punctuation or syntax made your post difficult to understand.

Anyway, when he asked you for id, you said you had your health card, thereby offering it up. Had I been working the door, and you handed me that letter, I would have told you to provide me with ID, or go elsewhere.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

its not important what you would have told me what to do, that is irrelivant to the discussion, the discussion is if a health card is valid id. its your word vs the letter from the ministry of health, just because you said you will accept heald card as valid id, does not make you superceede the ministry of healths. they are superior to you. you have to ask for an alternate id, which i would then pull out my ontario drivers licence, which is expird but it has the sticker on it clearly stating "valid photo id only" you shold not refuse this, some clubs and bars and restaurants are known to, which they are violating this because they think they are better than the ministry of transportation (mto)
NCRGuy
join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy

said by Pauly:

its not important what you would have told me what to do, that is irrelivant to the discussion, the discussion is if a health card is valid id. its your word vs the letter from the ministry of health, just because you said you will accept heald card as valid id, does not make you superceede the ministry of healths. they are superior to you. you have to ask for an alternate id, which i would then pull out my ontario drivers licence, which is expird but it has the sticker on it clearly stating "valid photo id only" you shold not refuse this, some clubs and bars and restaurants are known to, which they are violating this because they think they are better than the ministry of transportation (mto)

Ah. So you had other id and were just being a dick.

He asked you for id, and it's then up to you to provide it. Not play "I have a health card, but you can't have it." And just because you have valid id does not entitle you to entry to a bar. There are many reasons a bar or club can deny you entry, including acting like a dick, which you were.