Chubbysumo

join:2009-12-01
Superior, WI
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to openbox9

Re: The DMA does have a point

said by openbox9:

Sounds like you are the type of consumer that companies need targeted marketing strategies for. It's refreshing to hear a viewpoint that doesn't outright oppose targeted marketing strategies...at least as long as the targeting improves. That logically progresses to the next discussion about how marketers obtain information to effectively target you.

I hate random marketing, and would much prefer targeted marketing, but at the same time, I have this knowledge that along with targeted marketing, you get spam ads more often than targeted marketing because some companies dont care, they just want clicks/sales, and will advertise to any eyes that are willing to watch. I like the fact that on sites that I like, I can enable advertising with AB+ and NS to support the site, and most sites that I do like have non-intrusive ads anyways, so, they get my seal of approval, and my clicks. Sites that have overly annoying adverts stay blocked, because my eyeballs hate annoying, flashing, loud sound blasting adverts, especially those that are layover ads.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2

said by Chubbysumo:

I hate random marketing, and would much prefer targeted marketing, but at the same time, I have this knowledge that along with targeted marketing, you get spam ads more often than targeted marketing because some companies dont care, they just want clicks/sales, and will advertise to any eyes that are willing to watch.

That's not effective targeting and it will likely cost the marketers more than focusing on targeting strategies.