uniqs

Rajarshi
@invision.net

Rajarshi to DC DSL

Anon

to DC DSL

Re: IT Forums

said by DC DSL:

I guess the concept of "invitation-only" is a bit too subtle for you.

I do not understand. I am expert in IT US for 3 years. Names pls for joining.

jester121
Premium Member
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL

1 recommendation

jester121

Premium Member

Great! Then you're only 17-22 years from having enough experience.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

1 recommendation

DC DSL to Rajarshi

Premium Member

to Rajarshi
said by Rajarshi :

said by DC DSL:

Sorry, no can do. You must have an official job title of CIO, CTO, or CEO, and be active in those roles in a manner that is visible within the industry. CxO roles also require considerably more than 3 years of experience. If you don't have the qualifications and presence, you will not receive invitations to such groups.

Do you understand now?

roc5955
Premium Member
join:2005-11-26
Rosendale, NY

roc5955

Premium Member

said by DC DSL:

Sorry, no can do. You must have an official job title of CIO, CTO, or CEO, and be active in those roles in a manner that is visible within the industry. CxO roles also require considerably more than 3 years of experience. If you don't have the qualifications and presence, you will not receive invitations to such groups.

Do you understand now?

You know, many of those people with letters after their names only have them as a matter of ego. I'm the guy who's been fixing a 2k node network, since I built it oh, about 20 years ago. I don't need those letters. I have seen some of their "exclusive" forums, and to me they are more like a marketing tool. But hey, what do I know, I only know how to troubleshoot most hardware, and OSes. I'm just the lowly tech. I like it like that. I find much use on many of the general forums here and there, but often times consult with my peers. We have a habit of getting together for a beer once a month. I think this is a bit better than those managers. I believe that there are already too many managers. Check out bleepingcomputer while you're at it to get a grip on most of the malware out there.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

1 recommendation

DC DSL

Premium Member

said by roc5955:

You know, many of those people with letters after their names only have them as a matter of ego. I'm the guy who's been fixing a 2k node network, since I built it oh, about 20 years ago. I don't need those letters. I have seen some of their "exclusive" forums, and to me they are more like a marketing tool. But hey, what do I know, I only know how to troubleshoot most hardware, and OSes. I'm just the lowly tech. I like it like that. I find much use on many of the general forums there, but often times consult with my peers. We have a habit of getting together for a beer once a month. I think this is a bit better than those managers. I believe that there are already too many managers.

The groups that are publicly visible and advertised are mostly ego masturbation clubs. The ones that aren't are a completely different breed. They aren't about the titles but rather what is done with the experience and expertise behind them to improve and guide technology and business. They are comprised of mainly professionals from the development and analytics/process/workflow realms; some support types are there but only those who have a lot of serious mileage and success as management, not hands-on.

Rajarshi
@invision.net

Rajarshi to jester121

Anon

to jester121
said by jester121:

This is not possible. Internet has not existed for longer than 22 years. Many workers with requisite expert experience are of this age. I know of CEO but precisely what definition is CIO, CTO? Is this of greater rank?
Rajarshi

Rajarshi to DC DSL

Anon

to DC DSL
said by DC DSL:

said by Rajarshi :

said by DC DSL:

Do you understand now?

Is this discriminate of unamerican? I am qualified 3 years in expert of php mysql form generating. I have employ at 5 known companys. I looked at posts you make here and you do not post most as technical expert. It is unlikely you are more experience.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to Rajarshi

Premium Member

to Rajarshi
said by Rajarshi :

said by jester121:

This is not possible. Internet has not existed for longer than 22 years. Many workers with requisite expert experience are of this age. I know of CEO but precisely what definition is CIO, CTO? Is this of greater rank?

If you just seriously asked those questions, you will not be invited. The forums are for senior level executives.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

BUT THREE YEARS!

Rajarshi
@invision.net

Rajarshi to donoreo

Anon

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

said by Rajarshi :

said by jester121:

If you just seriously asked those questions, you will not be invited. The forums are for senior level executives.

I do understand discriminate for senior level. I read some messages by Mr. DC DSL and confirm that he cannot be this as he uses the dotnet which is inferior product and not respected for business. He will not provide me with the names of the groups so I need someone else to tell me so I may join. I am greater qualified.

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky

dbmaven

Mod

CEO - Chief Executive Officer
CIO - Chief Information Officer
CTO - Chief Technology Officer

Unless you hold one of these titles, or are Director level in a large corporation, you will not be invited.

Does that make it clear ?

Rajarshi
@invision.net

Rajarshi

Anon

said by dbmaven:

CEO - Chief Executive Officer
CIO - Chief Information Officer
CTO - Chief Technology Officer

Unless you hold one of these titles, or are Director level in a large corporation, you will not be invited.

Does that make it clear ?

How does one such as DC DSL hold these titles when he asks questions about using the dotnet? If he is internet programmer he cannot have the experience I am told here. Pls someone tell me exact names of the groups I do not want the google display again.

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky

dbmaven

Mod

Did you ever, perhaps, consider that a smart, seasoned IT executive might be asking questions to learn something about an area they aren't familiar? Or maybe to verify something someone told them, and they're skeptical?

Assuming that a person is "an internet programmer" who is also a member of invitation-only executive IT sites is ... simply unexplainable.
Expand your moderator at work