Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

Now that's what I call a Summer!

Hope everyone enjoyed our lovely extended summer weather! Looks like a wet, windy fall is just around the corner:

A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IN THE WEATHER PATTERN IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN FRIDAY AS WE TRANSITION TO A WET AND STORMY WEATHER PATTERN. THE FIRST IN A SERIES OF PACIFIC FRONTS WILL MOVE INTO THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST FRIDAY FOLLOWED BY PROGRESSIVELY STRONGER STORMS EVERY 24 HOURS OR SO. THERE ARE SOME INDICATIONS SUB-TROPICAL MOISTURE WILL BE ENTRAINED INTO THE FRONTAL SYSTEMS THAT MOVE INTO THE REGION LATER IN THE WEEKEND AND MONDAY. THERE IS A LOT OF UNCERTAINTY AT THIS POINT IN TIME IN THE LOCATION OF WHERE THE HEAVIEST RAINFALL WILL BE AND AMOUNT OF RAIN EXPECTED...BUT THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR SOME LOCATIONS IN THE COAST RANGE AND CASCADES TO RECEIVE SIGNIFICANT RAINFALL FOR THIS TIME OF THE YEAR.

THE MAIN IMPACT OF THESE STORMS WILL BE RAIN...BUT THE COAST AND HIGHER ELEVATIONS MAY EXPERIENCE STRONG GUSTY WINDS WITH SOME OF THE STRONGER STORMS LATER IN THE WEEKEND AND EARLY NEXT WEEK.

--
♬ Music is life ♬

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Rain, sweet rain! we hardly remember you.

William
Premium
join:2010-04-18
Washougal, WA
reply to darcilicious
Rain will be a nice needed change, its waaaay too dry.

Gizy
Have you thanked a soldier today?
Premium
join:2002-08-26
PNW
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious
Fall hit full force this week. This was the view from the 18th floor of the US Bancorp Tower (Big Pink) this morning, and yesterday.

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
reply to darcilicious
And the rain just started falling about 5 mins ago....

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
Right on schedule then We're having a few sprinkles here and there this morning but I expect we'll get "real" rain very soon now...
--
♬ Music is life ♬

William
Premium
join:2010-04-18
Washougal, WA
reply to darcilicious
Drizzle, 49F. Very much like the change.

Cat Scratch

join:2005-06-27
reply to darcilicious
Yeah, but you'll all be wishing for spring and summer to hurry up in about 60 days. Well, that's about all I can stand of constant drizzle and rain.

But it makes for a beautiful green color in the trees and foliage, so I'll live with it.

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to darcilicious
Been an extremely wet past two days.

Brazbit
Premium
join:2003-10-22
Port Orchard, WA
reply to darcilicious
Now this is weather I like. Good thing too, I was running out of rocks to throw at the skyfire.
--
That why they make smart word box for tell monkey hard brain hurty things.