spc
uniqs
Jammers
join:2009-01-15
Tillamook, OR

Jammers to KoRnGtL15

to KoRnGtL15

Re: [HSI] What does everyone think of the new $200 activation fe

Well i was thinking about jumping to Charter since my other ISP has no plans to upgrade but man $200 might be a bit steep for me. And 30 Mb isn't really that much faster then 10 Mb is it? So i might hold off for now. Just how often does Charter upgrade their speed?
Phatty
join:2000-05-10
Saint Louis, MO

Phatty

said by Jammers:

Well i was thinking about jumping to Charter since my other ISP has no plans to upgrade but man $200 might be a bit steep for me. And 30 Mb isn't really that much faster then 10 Mb is it? So i might hold off for now. Just how often does Charter upgrade their speed?

I'd much rather be at 30mb than 10.... When you take into account Netflix HD streams, or similar services that 10mb would fill up pretty quick.

msmisfit
join:2004-09-13
Atlanta, GA
ARRIS SB6121
Netgear WNDR3800

msmisfit to Jammers

to Jammers
said by Jammers:

Well i was thinking about jumping to Charter since my other ISP has no plans to upgrade but man $200 might be a bit steep for me.

If you're really interested in the 100M tier, why not switch BEFORE the new activation fee goes into effect on the 16th?

If you're not sure, I still think [depending on your usage] you might see a difference between 10 and 30M.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to Jammers

to Jammers
said by Jammers:

A) $200 fee only applies to 100 Mbps tier.

B) Yes 30 Mbps is faster than 10 Mbps. Actually more a difference than 100 Mbps is to 30 Mbps.

C) lately Charter has upped speeds about once a year. 30 meg was 18 meg until February.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to msmisfit

Premium Member

to msmisfit
said by Phatty:

said by Jammers:

I'd much rather be at 30mb than 10.... When you take into account Netflix HD streams, or similar services that 10mb would fill up pretty quick.

Depends on how many people are using that connection and how many streams/downloads/tabs, you have open.
said by msmisfit:

said by Jammers:

Well i was thinking about jumping to Charter since my other ISP has no plans to upgrade but man $200 might be a bit steep for me.

If you're really interested in the 100M tier, why not switch BEFORE the new activation fee goes into effect on the 16th?

If you're not sure, I still think [depending on your usage] you might see a difference between 10 and 30M.

You will DEFINITELY see and feel the difference between 10M and 30M!!