Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DanteX

join:2010-09-09
kudos:1
reply to CRAZIES

Re: No more unlimited?

Remember Rogers does not have to tell the truth because Free speech allows them to lie and not back up their words with facts

hm

@videotron.ca

said by DanteX:

Remember Rogers does not have to tell the truth because Free speech allows them to lie and not back up their words with facts

Um, no.

This would be a company operating in bad faith. There are various laws to protect people against... fraud and deceit. But no one ever complains. And those is a position to do anything really don't care.

You can find various things on this via whatever provincial consumer laws you have, fed laws and on the competition bureaus website.

And once you do file a complaint + submit the recording you should have taken (and it gets ignored) you have to create a website to ridicule the company.

So I don't know what "free speech laws" you are referring to when it comes to this. It just plainly does not exist.

However, the government (both provincial and federal) who ignore the complaints (if a complaint is even made) very much ignore people.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

said by hm :

So I don't know what "free speech laws" you are referring to when it comes to this. It just plainly does not exist.

He's taking a sarcastic shot at Rogers over this: »Rogers: Correcting Our Inaccurate Ads Violates Our Free Speech

hm

@videotron.ca

ah. Yeah I was thinking the same but figured he thought it went through. I missed the sarcasm.