Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

carpetshark3
Premium
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO
reply to TheMG

Re: [Rant] Everyone jump on the Pink bandwagon...

»todayhealth.today.com/_news/2012···say?lite

They need some other type of help or friendship even thought there is no money to be made for their situation.

echo
RIP DINGO
Premium
join:2012-02-07
reply to battleop

Once something starts generating profits it becomes an industry, it shall never go away.
A good cause, but no more worthy than prostate cancer, diabetes or a dozen others.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
reply to CylonRed

said by CylonRed:

Always been that way - many companies virtually demand 100% participation on United Way drives from their employees so that they could crow about it on websites and advertising.

All about branding and marketing and marketing the company as one that cares about people to gain sympathy and good feelings about the brand. Think the CBS spots - CBS Cares...

God, I hate marking and the 'branding' BS... But sheeple fall for it so it will continue and be pervasive.

I did not want to donate money to the united Way for reasons I don't like.. anyways my company kinda forces you to regardless and it's highly annoying so I give the least amount I can
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to Ebolla

said by Ebolla:

Anyone who doesnt support this obviously hates boobies. And boobies need support, especially the big ones.

As a married man I support... my wife's

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..

1 recommendation

reply to Subaru

said by Subaru:

said by CylonRed:

Always been that way - many companies virtually demand 100% participation on United Way drives from their employees so that they could crow about it on websites and advertising.

All about branding and marketing and marketing the company as one that cares about people to gain sympathy and good feelings about the brand. Think the CBS spots - CBS Cares...

God, I hate marking and the 'branding' BS... But sheeple fall for it so it will continue and be pervasive.

I did not want to donate money to the united Way for reasons I don't like.. anyways my company kinda forces you to regardless and it's highly annoying so I give the least amount I can

I had a company try that with me once and I refused. They threatened to take out of my paycheck but a quick call to the state's labor board shut them up. If they are in any way forcing you, it is theft, plain and simple.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

said by Cthen:

said by Subaru:

said by CylonRed:

I had a company try that with me once and I refused. They threatened to take out of my paycheck but a quick call to the state's labor board shut them up. If they are in any way forcing you, it is theft, plain and simple.

I'm going to try that on them next year a lot of other people are pissed off at it as well.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to battleop

Another roadblock in looking for cures is the fact that it is legal to patent genes. This means if you find a common link in the human genome for cancers, And a big pharmacorp owns the patent to that gene they can sue you even for attempting research. Yes corporations can own genetic code... And do not care if people die because their patents might hold back general research.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

battleop

join:2005-09-28

I can see the patent trolls next master plan....

Step 1. Find gene that's common to every human.
Step 2. Patent that gene
Step 3. Sue every human on earth for $1.
Step 4. PROFIT!!
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
reply to battleop

The only color corporations really think about is Green
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

hurfy
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Spokane, WA
reply to battleop

Pinked out

sigh...

»msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/pink···e-102412

battleop

join:2005-09-28

What's the emote for rolling your eyes?

thegeek
Premium
join:2008-02-21
right here
kudos:2
reply to hurfy

smart kid, got him and his family some free tickets and vip treatment. too bad he has to go watch a dolphins-jets game though.

Sukunai
Premium
join:2008-05-07
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to battleop

Re: [Rant] Everyone jump on the Pink bandwagon...

Do you want to know REAL anger, consider this, we HAVE a cure for cancer, and as it is basically a substance so damned common that is has no dollar value the pharmacueticals won't develope it.

Keep that in mind when someone you knows dies of cancer that was already beaten.

Cancer has already been beaten to a pulp, but there is simply too much money in the 'looking' for a cure, just so long as the cure is also an expensive lucrative product eh.

I am not saying don't donate, I am saying thank you for donating, now make them actually use what we have already discovered and back that with 'or else'.

No I don't have a damned link right now, I read it earlier this month. I'm still pissed at the article for what it represents about the whole industry that really isn't interested in finding a cure, not for free at least.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

"Do you want to know REAL anger, consider this, we HAVE a cure for cancer, and as it is basically a substance so damned common that is has no dollar value the pharmacueticals won't develope it."

Right - a cure for genetics as well? Please share EXACTLY what this miracle substance is please... All of humanity will shower you with money for the secret.

BTW - there will ALWAYS be another cure to go after but the idea that a large genetic puzzle have been beaten, is a joke.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Sukunai
Premium
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to battleop

Can't recall the specific name of the stuff, it was actually never even meant for anything connected to cancer.

Thing is, the stuff is as common as dirt. Wish I could recall the name, wish I could recall the specific source of the article.

But then I also wish I could recall what I planned to get done last week.

Sorry I am simply not one of the sort that lives on the internet and has all day to flog links.

The brutal truth though, is they have cured it, and no one is going to develope it, so it really isn't relevant if I remember, as it isn't coming to a pharmacy near you.

But go ahead, donate to research, and more research and more research. There are people working in this matter that have bills to pay eh.

It just pisses me off to no end, that the solution really isn't really important to anyone that actually makes a living off of only 'looking' for a cure.

The only people that really give a damn, are the people dying and their families and friends. Oh and anyone else not working in this endeavour that might some day get cancer.

thegeek
Premium
join:2008-02-21
right here
kudos:2

This guy knows the cure!

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

1 recommendation

fail:

hat is aluminum, not tin; and it is not grounded properly.
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

ObdH
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Abilene, TX
reply to battleop

There is no friggin 'cure' for these lifestyle problems

toxicity and nutrition are pretty much the reason for every cancer that exists

they can cut, burn, and poison you in the short term, but it will always come back if you have less than adequate nutrition from CLEAN food and WATER

from the pesticide laden food, to the estrogen mimicking foods like soy, to Bisphenol-A etc, we all exist in a highly toxic environment where these outcomes are inevitable if you're not educating yourself on the dangers out there in our food/water/air
--
I got it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime!

Sukunai
Premium
reply to battleop

This planet doesn't cause cancer, but the humans on it sure do.

Civilization, making it possible to live longer, and in a lot of cases allowing us to regret sticking around.