Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
But I don't know if it uses the same protocol, that it is the same lossless transport etc, or if they're just tricking an AppleTV into thinking Android is a "real" airplay source. I just tried it playing a movie for a few minutes from my Transformer and it seemed to work okay.

I just looked at the site they mention it doesn't work with Airport Express which is what I use to stream audio from my Mac's iTunes library to my Denon HT receiver. So something is amiss but obviously they are working on that kind of support.

Airsync does it, so there are probably other apps in the Play Store doing it too, maybe with even better support.

Michail
Premium
join:2000-08-02
Boynton Beach, FL
kudos:1
Do you know if Airsync works with Rhapsody, Spotify and Pandora?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Haven't messed with Airsync that much other than just try it out with airplay and a movie file I already had on my tablet. I haven't tried streaming another stream.

Michail
Premium
join:2000-08-02
Boynton Beach, FL
kudos:1
said by skeechan:

Haven't messed with Airsync that much other than just try it out with airplay and a movie file I already had on my tablet. I haven't tried streaming another stream.

I contacted their support and they said that they are evaluating adding in Airplay as a system output for android devices.

That would be cool when/if they do. BT and DLNA suck horribly compared to Airplay.