share rss forum feed
« Sprint counter offer just a ploy
This is a sub-selection from It will be

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
reply to tiger72

Re: It will be

The only problem I think they'll have is that prepaid customers buy new phones much less frequently than postpaid, so getting all of the cdma users upgraded to HSPA+/LTE phones will take quite awhile. Prepaid doesn't offer phone subsidies so you can't even give away free phones to MetroPCS customers.

They will have to get inventive to upgrade those MetroPCS customers

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

prepaid customers actually buy more phones as they're not tied to just one phone and a contract or the cost to change the ESN. On the GSM side, it would be easy for a Metro customer go to their local Target or TMO store and buy a phone without doing much.

And with TMO "supporting" the iPhone5 more and more people will likley buy it now and use it on the new company.

buddahbless

join:2005-03-21
Premium
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
·Verizon Online DSL

hottboi we actually semi agree on something.. Also the fact that TMO is looking to put metro pcs customers on HSPA while deploying there own LTE so all those previous refurbished HSPA smart phone ( and feature phones) will be a easy sale to Metro customers for a price much less than purchasing a new TMO LTE enabled phone not to mention they can still label it a 4G phone as Metros LTE is just as fast as TMO HSPA. Heck TMO could/ might actually give Metro customers free refurbished comparable TMO HSPA phones (post and prepaid customers) to Metro customers who choose to stay to keep them happy.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium
join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO
kudos:1
reply to MovieLover76

said by MovieLover76:

The only problem I think they'll have is that prepaid customers buy new phones much less frequently than postpaid, so getting all of the cdma users upgraded to HSPA+/LTE phones will take quite awhile. Prepaid doesn't offer phone subsidies so you can't even give away free phones to MetroPCS customers.

They will have to get inventive to upgrade those MetroPCS customers

According to MetroPCS, their customer phone churn is 60-65% per year. After 2-3 years, a vast majority of their customers would upgrade themselves to T-Mobile UMTS/LTE equipment. Let's not forget that customers themselves would have an incentive to upgrade to T-Mobile's *significantly* better performing network.

I don't think that the transition will be flawless - there are always speedbumps along the way. However they do seem to be quite aware of the flawed approaches of the past.
--
"What makes us omniscient? Have we a record of omniscience? ...If we can't persuade nations with comparable values of the merit of our cause, we'd better reexamine our reasoning."
-United States Secretary of Defense (1961-1968) Robert S. McNamara