Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic

Re: [RPG Review] Dishonored: Story-driven roleplaying

said by TheBionic:

Played some of this last night; it's a great stealth game and a lot of fun with some interesting mechanics. I'm going for a no kill playthrough first on hard difficulty (not a ghost playthrough, fuck that shit). It's one of those games with huge maps with multiple ways to complete your goal, so you can spend lots of time exploring and collecting everything and it will be a long game or you can make a beeline to your target every level and get it over with quickly. I've read there's been 4 hour speed runs already.

The art style, world and underlying mythos are interesting and well realized. I can't speak to the story yet but so far I can't complain.

After playing for a couple hours, it seemed like a cross between Deus Ex: HR and a Hitman game with supernatural abilities thrown in for more varied gameplay. The hours melted away and I'm not done with the first assasination yet. Anybody else give this a shot?

Good to hear, Rod. I picked it up yesterday, but did not get a chance to play it as I'm trying to 1000/1000 Darksiders 2 before I move onto it, which will hopefully be tonight.
Goggalor

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by Goggalor:

Good to hear, Rod. I picked it up yesterday, but did not get a chance to play it as I'm trying to 1000/1000 Darksiders 2 before I move onto it, which will hopefully be tonight.

Finally got around to playing this yesterday and, dear God, is it fun/time-consuming if you want to to do a mission without using powers (other than the initial one you get), killing all the guards, and not being seen. Even then, I did not perfect the first actual mission that I did.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Goggalor:

said by Goggalor:

Finally got around to playing this yesterday and, dear God, is it fun/time-consuming if you want to to do a mission without using powers (other than the initial one you get), killing all the guards, and not being seen. Even then, I did not perfect the first actual mission that I did.

The one thing I don't like is the lack of nonlethal takedown options. You have your choke out and the sleeping darts and that's it, while if you want to go deadly you have tons of really cool stuff like the rat plague and different kinds of bolts and traps. If someone sees you and you're out of the sleep darts you have to run as you can't take them down nonlethally at that point. I usually end up going on a killing spree to work out my aggression then reload and do it nonlethally.

I had zero time to game this weekend so am still on the second assasination mission. Going to get back into it tonight.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by TheBionic:

The one thing I don't like is the lack of nonlethal takedown options. You have your choke out and the sleeping darts and that's it, while if you want to go deadly you have tons of really cool stuff like the rat plague and different kinds of bolts and traps. If someone sees you and you're out of the sleep darts you have to run as you can't take them down nonlethally at that point. I usually end up going on a killing spree to work out my aggression then reload and do it nonlethally.

I had zero time to game this weekend so am still on the second assasination mission. Going to get back into it tonight.

Yeah, it would be nice if there was another non-lethal takedown.

For my first playthrough, I am just trying to get all the collectibles, while not picking up any of the powers. On the next playthrough, I plan to not kill anyone or be seen.