linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
United State

linicx

Premium Member

Do Not Track Snoopertizing

"Marketing fuels the world. It is as American as apple pie and delivers relevantadvertising to consumers about products they will be interested at a time they are interested. DNT should permit it as one of the most important values of civil society. Its byproduct also furthers democracy, free speech, and – most importantly in these times – JOBS. It is as critical to society – and the economy – as fraud prevention and IP protection and should be treated the same way. .."

It would not be terrible if Co A delivered ads with a cookie that expired when you left the website. They don't. So instead of being served insurances ads on EVERY gd website I visit, half the index pages are saturated with Googlegag offensive garbage. Because I dare visit a tech site, I am now served up ads for software I cannot use and would not buy. DSLR is one of the few places on the web where I'm left in peace. No ads.

I dropped all grocery cards for the same reason. I don't want the ads in the door, the mailbox, or the computer. I buy from selected service providers I know and trust. I can count them one hand. The funny thing is... I never see these companies sit up like a well trained dog and beg for sales. I do not see smarmy googlegagjunk on their sites or in their stores, either. If I want to see ads, I can see it in the newspaper.