spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

no_spyware

@comcast.net

Spybot & Adaware still good to use?

Are Spybot & Adaware still safe/recommended spyware/malware/adware removers? I don't see them recommended anymore these days. If not, are there other better free spyware removers? This is for Win 7 64 & XP 32 bit. TIA for any good recommendations.

uridium

join:2009-01-21

1 recommendation

I used to use these years ago, but have since replaced them with Superantispyware and Malwarebytes Anti Malware. The free versions will remove malware but only the paid versions will block malware.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17

1 edit
reply to no_spyware
»SpyBot Heads UP
• See specific comment:
»Re: SpyBot Heads UP

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to uridium
said by uridium:

I used to use these years ago, but have since replaced them with Superantispyware and Malwarebytes Anti Malware. The free versions will remove malware but only the paid versions will block malware.

I use all of them except Ad-Aware. I only use their free scanners (rarely need to clean).
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

poppster
Tell the truth and then run.
Premium
join:2003-12-23
Midwest
kudos:1
reply to no_spyware
I used spybot back in the day, but once I paid for mbam.......wow never looked back.

it's hands down the BEST anti-malware program out there. A perfect compliment to any a/v.

uridium

join:2009-01-21
reply to no_spyware
Ad-Aware 6 was the first anti-spy program I ever used. When they stopped support for Ad-Aware SE is when I decided to dump it. I kept Spybot for years; it never found anything as I am a pretty safe surfer, but my step-father got infected with some adware pop-up, and while Spybot detected it and said it was removed after the cleaning process it was still very present, with the pop-ups still coming. Obviously it's no good having anti-spyware apps that can detect but cannot remove. Well, unless you receive some sort of enjoyment from manually removing spyware!

Insight6

join:2012-08-25
reply to no_spyware
Neither would be a choice to be used by me---especially with so many other better choices or free combo self-constructed suites.