Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to TLS2000

Re: [Rant] Ontario Photo ID card now available at more locations

said by TLS2000:

said by elwoodblues:

There is no requirement in law to show any ID unless driving where upon request I must identify myself with a drivers license. If stopped by a police officer,I can volunteer the information, but again no law says I have to.

If they suspect that you've committed a crime, they can demand your ID even if you're walking down the street. Failure to provide ID can result in incarceration.

I have a problem with that, its not of your GD business who I am.
If you suspect I've committed a crime, you better have evidence to arrest me, because frankly I'll sue the crap out of them afterwards.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
Police can detain you for the purpose of obtaining your identity if they suspect a crime has been committed and have reasonable grounds to believe you may have participated.

They can also detain you while they investigate if they have reasonable grounds to believe that you have direct knowledge of the crime.

Also, they can demand your ID for the purpose of issuing a ticket. For instance, if you jaywalk they can certainly ask you for ID.
--
Tom