Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to boredguy

Re: bell media channels launching in hd oct 4

said by boredguy:

Space HD (829) and Discovery HD (778) both showed up today along with Bravo HD (830) though that's saying not authorized.

Because they want "extra" for you to watch upconverted programming on those channels.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

robman50

join:2010-12-14

said by elwoodblues:

said by boredguy:

Space HD (829) and Discovery HD (778) both showed up today along with Bravo HD (830) though that's saying not authorized.

Because they want "extra" for you to watch upconverted programming on those channels.

Well that is a rip off. I thought Space HD would be free since Space is a part of the basic pack. Glad I am canceling Cogeco TV and getting Shaw Direct so I can get the HD equivalent of the SD channels for free. Subscribe to Space and get Space HD for free.

boredguy

join:2002-01-27
St Catharines, ON

said by robman50:

said by elwoodblues:

said by boredguy:

Well that is a rip off. I thought Space HD would be free since Space is a part of the basic pack. Glad I am canceling Cogeco TV and getting Shaw Direct so I can get the HD equivalent of the SD channels for free. Subscribe to Space and get Space HD for free.

Cogeco eliminated the BS HD fee a few months ago, if you subscribe to a channel you get it in both sd and hd. It's one of the reasons why i switched back from Shaw Direct. Bravo HD sayin not authorized was just a glitch, usually takes'em a couple days to get everything working right when they add channels.
--
What would Jesus do for a Klondike bar?

mousky

join:2004-02-12
Windsor, ON

Yes, they eliminated the HD fee, but increased the price of most of their TV, Internet and Phone packages at the same time.

My net savings were $3 - and only because I'm not paying for Home Phone, otherwise it would have been a net savings of a whopping $1 per month.