uniqs

Tobester
join:2000-11-14
San Francisco, CA

Tobester to bobrk

to bobrk

Re: Would You Recommend Sonic.Net ?

said by bobrk:

I'm beating a dead horse here, but I feel that Sonic is worth more than AT&T, and would unabashedly recommend them.

I wouldn't count on getting much more speed than AT&T, but perhaps Sonic would be more diligent in working for you to try and improve it.

Agreed.

A few negative experience postings in this forum, due to inaccurate expectations, cannot overcome the excellent service provided by Sonic.
Zeonis
join:2009-03-16

Zeonis

said by Tobester:

Agreed.

A few negative experience postings in this forum, due to inaccurate expectations, cannot overcome the excellent service provided by Sonic.

Due to inaccurate expectations? That is pretty funny... so one should expect their DSL to run below 1 Mbps at times even though they are synced at about 17 Mbps and the speed to vary often being well below what it should be based on the sync speed?

DaneJasper
Sonic.Net
Premium Member
join:2001-08-20
Santa Rosa, CA

DaneJasper

Premium Member

said by Zeonis:

said by Tobester:

Agreed.

Due to inaccurate expectations? That is pretty funny... so one should expect their DSL to run below 1 Mbps at times even though they are synced at about 17 Mbps and the speed to vary often being well below what it should be based on the sync speed?

No, clearly not. If it's synced at 17Mbps, you should get roughly that (less about 15% protocol overhead) in actual payload throughput. If you are not, contact support and ask them to fix it!

-Dane

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

He has. And decided to switch service:

»Unreliable speed

I have had ADSL ('at&t Yahoo! HSI Pro') and two ADSL2+ (Sonic.net 'Fusion') circuits. All delivered ~85% of sync speed. I have only seen max sync/min download when there was activity on the line. But I don't have wide experience in this, so there might be causes I have not seen.