spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hyphenated

@mycingular.net
reply to computerman2

Re: IPV6--Do I need it active right now?

I would disable for stability until it becomes more popular. You can try it, it *shouldnt* hurt.

computerman2
Premium
join:2002-04-20
Rockwood, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·AT&T Midwest
Was having crashing problems in the SecondLife Game (3rd Party Viewer Firestorm)

So support for the game suggested disabling IPV6, so far i haven't disabled it, and just left it alone.

Plus waiting to see how WIndows 8 behaves with the game, and get that all setup before i attempt any changes in regards to IPV6

May Switch back to Offical Viewer in Windows 8 possibly though

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream

1 recommendation

reply to hyphenated
IPv6 itself is stable, I use it everyday, in fact 1/3rd of the traffic on my network a month is IPv6.

If you ISP has deployed it then they deem it stable on their network (they don't want the support calls if it wasn't).

If something doesn't work then maybe disable if no other way to fix it, then get on the Devs to get it fixed.
--
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe | AMD Phenom II x3 720 BE AM3 w/4 Cores @ 3.41Ghz(OC) | 4Gb DDR3 Memory @ 1600mhz | Sapphire ATI HD4870 1GB 800mhz/1000mhz(OC) | 2x500GB HDD's Raid 0 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Build 7600 (RTM) | Windstream DSL 12m (14.9m Sync)/766k

hyphenated

@bellsouth.net
Yes you're right. It seems that various systems/apps may have issues with dual stack implementation or such. But on the other hand someone has to test/fix. Thanks