Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord

Re: Star Citizen

I just tried out Arena Commander...not bad but there's not a lot there either. It sho is pretty though.

One weird thing. I have an extra ship. I bought into the game with the Arbiter pack, which comes with the Origin 325A fighter. I have that and a 300i in the hangar. The 300i doesn't show up in the 'my hangar' portion of robertsspaceindustries.com. Anybody know what that's all about? I can climb in both of them and look around.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by TheBionic:

One weird thing. I have an extra ship. I bought into the game with the Arbiter pack, which comes with the Origin 325A fighter. I have that and a 300i in the hangar. The 300i doesn't show up in the 'my hangar' portion of robertsspaceindustries.com. Anybody know what that's all about? I can climb in both of them and look around.

Are you sure your ship is supported by the hangar? Not all ships are, I have a Starfarer, and it isn't in the Hangar either.

EQ

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I have a super hornet and a hornet. Guess the "upgrade" is a whole ship.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

That's weird, I have a Super Hornet and a Spacefarer, but my Hangar has two Super Hornets...

I'm sure this'll get more logical as the game progresses but it's pretty inconsistent right now I think.
Tehuno
join:2005-01-18
Bartlesville, OK

Tehuno to TigerLord

to TigerLord
Hey tiger, what kind of pedals/joystick/throttle are you using in your setup? I showed a friend of mine from work your setup and he was curious.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog (there's a custom 7.5cm extension installed in the picture)
»www.amazon.com/Thrustmas ··· 0371R8P4

MFG Crosswind Pedals
»mfg.simundza.com/mfgcros ··· wind.php

Pedals are homemade by an engineer in Croatia. Waiting list is about 8 weeks at the present time last I heard.

Hope this helps.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Guess the "upgrade" is a whole ship.

I guess it is.
said by El Quintron:

Are you sure your ship is supported by the hangar?

Yeah the 325A is what I paid for, and it's in there. I haven't checked out the hangar in months, but the last time I did the 325A was the only thing in there. Now I have two ships.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I heard on Reddit that it is the training version of whatever shape you own. The three supported are the 300i, the Aurora, and the Hornet.
Tehuno
join:2005-01-18
Bartlesville, OK

Tehuno to TigerLord

to TigerLord
Thanks man, ill pass that info along to him. Hopefully he gets them so i can go to his house and play with them =)

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

I heard on Reddit that it is the training version of whatever shape you own.

That makes a bit for sense...

KoshVorlon
B B R
Mod
join:2000-06-28
Babylon 5

KoshVorlon to TigerLord

Mod

to TigerLord
They pushed out a patch that upgrades all the hangars and puts in the two finalists of TNGS competition in your hangar for the next 24 hours.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
Ship*, phone auto correct struck again.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

Ship*, phone auto correct struck again.

No kidding, I can't even understand what I wrote. It should have read: "a bit more sense"

Uncle Paul
join:2003-02-04
USA

Uncle Paul to TigerLord

to TigerLord
I see the ships, but can't fly them...

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

did you put the helmet on first?

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

said by El Quintron:

did you put the helmet on first?

very important to protect the head.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

Can't get enough head protection.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Space syphilis is the worse they say.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by TigerLord:

Space syphilis is the worse they say.

I was going to say; from "gushing" fanbois, but I'd be pretty upset if I had a case of alien gonorrhea.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium Member
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT

Moos to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Decisions.... To upgrade my freelancer to the MIS variant or not...

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
said by El Quintron:

Can't get enough head.

Fixed

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Click for full size
Lead flight model programmer has addressed some of the criticism head on.

I do admire that about RSI.

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

does this in any way effect your flight control issue? I'm not sure what the thread was saying exactly, but from what i've been reading, people are upset about how (ineffective?) hotas setups are.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

1 recommendation

justin to TigerLord

Mod

to TigerLord
So they've put in PID loops that attempt to control thrusters to achieve something close to what the pilot commands. Like an airbus. But since computers fly planes (and fighters) and definitely would fully fly space fighters I think they were always a bit trapped between two irreconcilable goals.

In order to feel like you're really a pilot, they have to give you control but the systems you're controlling are fundamentally too complicated to be controlled using our feeble input methods and slow thinking speeds.

In order to fight and fly effectively, as much as possible has to be offloaded to little programs. And that takes away the feel of being a pilot and puts you like the airbus captain - someone who mainly plans flights, and pushes buttons.

If they settle on a solution between the two opposing goals is it going to be fun? If not, then you either need to go to Eve (spreadsheets in space) or take out all the assists and embrace WWII in space, maybe add air as well because it air is more fun than a vacuum

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Voice Attack looks very useful.

It's only $8, too.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· v0QJTjD8

mazhurg
Premium Member
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON

mazhurg

Premium Member

said by TigerLord:

Voice Attack looks very useful.

I use it in Elite - (and now SC also). Essentially you can map to any keyboard key, and also mouse gestures / points / buttons. You can also create sequential macros, but it has no logic capability so it cannot be turned into a bot.

Extremely easy to setup, and to add commands. It uses the English version of the Microsoft voice recognition tool and works quite well once the tool has been trained (go through the MS speech trainer) a couple of times.

It unfortunately will not work with foreign, or with other speech engines, I.E Dragon speech.

Last, the developer is also working on enabling a speech to text capability to enable text chatting within MMOs. In addition, it can be used alongside voice servers by using the same hot keys (pauses voice attack while speaking).

All in all an gem, especially for the price.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Freelancer Commercial

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· RxsZpcKc

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru

Frankie has one out, as well.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· f5rhimaA

Drex
Beer...The other white meat.
Premium Member
join:2000-02-24
Not There

Drex to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Maybe it's b/c I'm not used to flying with a mouse & kb or maybe my mouse is way too sensitive, but I had a hell of a time trying to fly my ship. Kept over compensating (yeah baby) and just couldn't fly worth a shit.

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

I've had the same problem. I've been trying to use my orbweaver/mouse combo from the start to make most of this easier.