West Coast

shinjuru to TigerLord

to TigerLord

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 5PBV33hk

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

The MISC freelancer is a week or 2 old, I even posted it but no one commented on it. It's pretty awesome imho.

I got my MP invite today, so we're passed 40k citizens at this point.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by TigerLord:

The MISC freelancer is a week or 2 old, I even posted it but no one commented on it. It's pretty awesome imho.

It is? I've had mine for months... the variants came out a couple weeks ago.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

I meant the commercial video came out 2 weeks ago or so. The ship itself has been available since the original crowdfunding campaign before Kickstarter.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Oooh yeah. But it wasn't the overdubbed music one. it was a legit commercial. I thought it was good.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium Member
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT

Moos to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

I got mine too and I'm citizen 51890 so were passed 50k.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

272308, long way to go for me.

BigReds42
Premium Member
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42 to Moos

Premium Member

to Moos
said by Moos:

said by TigerLord:

I got mine too and I'm citizen 51890 so were passed 50k.

Got mine this morning as well.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium Member
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT

Moos to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
MP needs some work. For me it's been pretty laggy and I have had quite a few crash to desktops yesterday so it's tough to have an opinion on the actual MP experience. Hopefully they get it ironed out soon and for those not in MP yet your not missing a whole lot yet.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to BigReds42

Premium Member

to BigReds42
Do they send you an email or do you have to just log in and try to connect?
Krisnatharok

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Good News Citizens!! We have extended multiplayer to citizen number 200,000 and below. Arena Commander beckons. See you all in the 'Verse.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Yeah, huge update came out yesterday, now with #200k and up, major move.
TigerLord

TigerLord

Planetside sneak peek

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 14YaZluk

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

I updated my instal last night, looking forward to some play tonight. Is there a "guild" chat notification/chat function enabled?

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

said by Blockgorilla:

I updated my instal last night, looking forward to some play tonight. Is there a "guild" chat notification/chat function enabled?

Not even close.

It's all about hand signals now
TigerLord

TigerLord

»youtu.be/CEMik5q5Xgw

This series of video is all you need to be up to date on the game, FYI.

Lots of fascinating info.

-Large ships will be able to dock on top of the Idris and access the ship in RL via a docking collar without any loading screens.
-Crew stations and seat actions on larger ships
-Awesome video of the Asteroid hangar looking mostly done

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

1 recommendation

Exodus

Premium Member

my nipples are ready.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
"My job is to bring Star Citizen news to you on a weekly basis in a concise format"

Because despite $46+ million, Chris Roberts is incapable of doing that. Just like GRRM can't write faster than a snail's pace.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

said by Krisnatharok:

"My job is to bring Star Citizen news to you on a weekly basis in a concise format"

Because despite $46+ million, Chris Roberts is incapable of doing that. Just like GRRM can't write faster than a snail's pace.

You havin' your periods this week or what? You're whinier than Antonica See Profile and that's saying something.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Don't get all butthurt because it's true...

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

2 recommendations

EUS to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

I'd forgo weekly updates for quicker advancement of the game.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
So, did you buy it for $80?

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

I didn't because I have way too many ships already.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to TigerLord

to TigerLord
Alien Languages, anyone?

»robertsspaceindustries.c ··· -Million

Greetings Citizens,

It looks like the recent Gladius and dogtags sales have pushed us over $48 million in crowd funding! The Gladius is going to be a great addition to Arena Commander; if you picked one up and helped push us to hit this goal, you won’t be disappointed! The Gladius isn’t as heavily armed as the Hornet and it can’t carry cargo like the Aurora… but it’s fast and light and should be a new way to take on Arena Commander’s head-to-head mechanic.
Stanton III - Casaba OutletStanton III - Casaba Outlet Stanton III - Dumper's DepotStanton III - Dumper's Depot Stanton III - Abernathy InteriorsStanton III - Abernathy Interiors

The $48 million stretch goal was the user-voted Retaliator commercial! I’m pleased to announce that David Haddock has started scripting the Retaliator commercial. I don’t want to spoil the surprise, but we’re going in a different direction with this one!

• Retaliator Commercial – It was a close race but The Retaliator pulled ahead. The Avenger was a close second. The symbol of the United Empire of Earth’s power is the next ship to receive a slick commercial. Aegis Dynamics is in dire need of good publicity since the end of the of the Messer era. We currently have the Cutlass and the Constellation commercials in production and now the Retaliator will be added to that list.

Today, much of the team is hard at work on patch 12.5, hunting down the bugs responsible for the latency and rubber-banding currently affecting Arena Commander. The Engineering team has eliminated server CPU and network traffic as likely causes of the jumping and poor network gameplay. They have narrowed the issue’s introduction down to one of eleven possible change lists… it can’t hide from us much longer! We are adding additional debugging tools and metrics while homing in on the problem, and we’re currently digging into possible differences between remote and local simulation of ship movement which could lead to the jumping.

But Arena Commander is just the first step on the journey to Star Citizen, and we’re also continuing to look ahead and expand on the inner working of our universe. In today’s post, you can see some of the work we’ve been doing on locations. All of these stores are located on Stanton III, which the team at BHVR is building as a baseline for our planetside content.

As we promised last time, we’re going to return to our tradition of stretch goals that improve the core game. The ongoing funding keeps the project running on the scale it is today… but we’re also eager to find ways to improve what we’ve already planned. We’ve come up with one for the $50 million goal that we think will truly improve the immersion, and help make Star Citizen a living, breathing world:

• Alien Languages – Do you speak Banu? We will work with real-world linguists to create distinctive and realistic alien languages for Star Citizen’s three biggest alien races, the Vanduul, the Xi’An and the Banu. No universal translators, no garbled animal noises: Star Citizen’s aliens will be speaking their own authentic languages!

I’m excited about this one… and looking forward to meeting the first fan who learns to speak one of our languages! As always, thank you for your support. Star Citizen would not exist without our backers. Keep spreading the word!

— Chris Roberts

P.S. A special additional congratulations to our German backers for their team’s World Cup victory. Well played!

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

1 recommendation

Koil

Premium Member

Sounds cool...not sure how much immersion it really adds, but cool.

I know it's been talked to death, but my mind still boggles at the amount of money thrown at this project. I mean...it's gone Plaid...that's how insane it is. 50 million fucking dollars....wow.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

I remember when CR hung out in chat and we were all pushing for 2M on Kickstarter.

He must be fapping on a pile of money every night now.
TigerLord

TigerLord

Scaling

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

2 recommendations

Harddrive to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Just bought the 325a package.
Harddrive

Harddrive to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
So is this something that everyone else has that's doing the multi-player?