uniqs

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to LaZ3R

to LaZ3R

Re: Star Citizen

Rare LaZ3R See Profile sighting!

$70 is not that bad. I wonder what the top ten money spent spots are for BBR members.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
LOL no kidding I have the SuperHornet and the Starfarer.

EQ

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

I don't even remember what I spent on this vaporware college assignment. But I think it was only $35...

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

Ooooh fighting words.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to shinjuru

to shinjuru
I don't even feel comfortable sharing at this point, I am into full blown addiction.

BigReds42
Premium Member
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42 to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

I don't even remember what I spent on this vaporware college assignment. But I think it was only $35...

It will be 2 years in November since I paid my initial .... $60 (had to look it up).

LaZ3R
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

LaZ3R to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
Haha yea, I kind of went into full lurker mode for some reason PC Gaming is one of the few I still frequent!

Can't wait for the Persistent Universe part of the game to start up!

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

I don't even feel comfortable sharing at this point, I am into full blown addiction.

As undoubtedly the #1 on Shin's list, I suggest you do the work of totaling up the cost of everyone's purchase. I'm pretty sure I am in the top 5.

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium Member
join:2004-02-14
EC/SETX SWLA

1 recommendation

atuarre to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
I would like to see a comparison of the money they took in vs what was spent on developing the game. I think that should be a requirement of any of these kickstarter/indigogo campaigns. I bet the results would be eye opening to say the least.

Drex
Beer...The other white meat.
Premium Member
join:2000-02-24
Not There

Drex to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
I think I'm in for $60 or $65. I forget at this point.

I think I've fired up the game twice so far.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Click for full size
To know exactly how much you spent, head to Billing & Subscription then scroll down to the bottom. Your total spent will be there, exactly, down to the cent.

My guess is, if you add up all of you guys together, you still won't touch me.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

Damn. Have you been personally invited over to Chris' house?

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

said by Harddrive:

Damn. Have you been personally invited over to Chris' house?

Only his trailer.

stormbow
Freedom isn't FREE
Premium Member
join:2002-07-31
Simi Valley, CA

stormbow to Raible

Premium Member

to Raible
said by Raible:

So what's everyone up to now in total dollars spent on Star Citizen?

$75 for my 315p, if an asteroid hanger upgrade becomes available and reasonable I will likely get that as well.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Lots of news folks!

Funding reached 52 millions dollars and we're all getting functional jetpacks so we can re-enact George Clooney scenes in Gravity.

Second, yesteday AMD announced they're releasing the 285 and it will be bundled with SC. Looks like AMD and Chris Roberts cut a deal. Good news for Mantle implementation and those of us with AMD cards. Let us hope for a crossfire fix real soon.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS

Premium Member

Now TL don't change the subject, how much? $1K? $2K?
I have an idea, we'll guess, and you tell us when we're in the ballpark.

My guess: No children, bachelor, = $3K

TigerLord

Canada

1 recommendation

TigerLord

In other fascinating news, Colorado just gave Cloud Imperium a 750K tax break for their Denver studio. The governor said he is proud Constellation Phoenix owner and wanted to do his part for the crowdfunding.

»www.denverpost.com/busin ··· centives

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Hahaha, love it!

Which fighter is getting the AMD variant? Has there been further news on that?

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Click for full size
said by Krisnatharok:

Hahaha, love it!

Which fighter is getting the AMD variant? Has there been further news on that?

The Mustang, an entry-level fighter (on par with the Aurora), will be themed by AMD.

AMD even decided to be cute and play the in-fiction game (ie. Accelerated Mass Design for the name of the company that is designing the ship).

The Mustang will be available to all but I can see 285 owners getting an exclusive decal.

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

1 recommendation

Raible to TigerLord

to TigerLord
I think you need this Tiger.

»www.kickstarter.com/proj ··· category

Uncle Paul
join:2003-02-04
USA

Uncle Paul to TigerLord

to TigerLord
When most games launch there is an economy formation that gets a bit elastic then slowly deflates to what becomes its normal pattern of values. But in the case of Star Citizen with so many pledgers owning ships and money already in the system it's going to be interesting to see the effect on the economy. Once live, will they continue to allow buying of in game currency with real money?

I want to do long run hauling and such which really requires a multi crew ship. I've found that as I have aged my play times and interruptions really don't lend itself well to putting together groups. Yes, the ships can be NPC manned, but I remain skeptical of the NPC's ability to perform their job optimally (think of bringing a knife to a gun fight). You know, should the shipment of Accelerated Mass Design Thermal Gel I'm hauling come under attack by rogue elements...

So I've considered just investing in credits instead of ships with the idea of purchasing a merchant ship should later on we get a better idea of how well crew will perform. But, if the value of a credit falls through the floor at launch my investment, while helping the game.. which really doesn't need any more money.., is lost.

Thoughts?

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Chris said over 75% of the pledges are aurora starter ships. This will have absolutely no effect on the economy, since it's the equivalent of level 1 gear in the MMO progression sense.

What I worry about is the top 1% that will probably have the ability to influence the economy, in some instances perhaps significantly.

The trick of course, is to be in that 1%.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Damn, and I was feeling like a 1%er with my Aurora up until now.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

said by ekster:

Damn, and I was feeling like a 1%er with my Aurora up until now.

Don't worry Canuck, stick with me and you'll be in the top 0.5%

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

I'm in as long as there is free parking for my fancy Aurora.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

said by ekster:

I'm in as long as there is free parking for my fancy Aurora.

Arch and I have already starting layout out plans for the future persistent universe domination of our little group. It will involve barrels of poopsocks.

On a more serious note, the way I intend to run PRAXT, which is in-line with the way I ran my alliance in EVE, is to eliminate all aspects of grinding for the members, so that when they do log in, they can get to the fun parts immediately. In Star Citizen the grind will be the credits, obviously. Get more money, get a ship, fight, lose the ship, earn more credits to replace the loss, buy new ship, pew pew, lose the ship, repeat.

If the corp is called on the field to handle a specific problem and we lose half our fleet in the engagement, it could take a while for everyone involved to replace their losses, which adds downtime on the pew pewing, and adds an element of stress to engagements: if you fear the 10h grind that would follow a loss more than you would enjoy the fun of pew pewing, it's a bad use of your play time. However, if you know the corp got your back and will have a replacement ship ready in your hangar the second you explode, you can concentrate on the fun parts and leave the worrying in the airlock.

My vision is for us to remain small, but highly specialized. Then find a niche market for high value items you can monopolize, and become filthy rich. Once you have (practically) unlimited resources, there is no aspect of the game you can't try or adhere to, because the consequence of failed experiments is erased.

I want people's heart rate to rise when they'll pick up PRAXT transponders on DRADIS. I want pirates to shit their pants when they see us coming, because they'll know it means their end for sure. And if they ever dare smack talk their way out, I will unleash The Exodus See Profile on their ass like a kraken on crack.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

And don't worry I will be there with my Hornet and friendly fire on to keep you guys on your toes.

Uncle Paul
USA

Uncle Paul to TigerLord

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

Chris said over 75% of the pledges are aurora starter ships. This will have absolutely no effect on the economy, since it's the equivalent of level 1 gear in the MMO progression sense.

What I worry about is the top 1% that will probably have the ability to influence the economy, in some instances perhaps significantly.

The trick of course, is to be in that 1%.

So do you believe it's a viable investment model to invest in credits instead of ships and purchase a ship with your credits after we've seen how the NPC system works?

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

It's too early to tell right now, but I would say no, buying credits is not a good investment idea. There are two reasons for that.

1) Credit/dollar price is unlikely to change and will stay fixed, and there is a maximum balance you can purchase in total (150K).

2) The price of ships right now is discounted versus what they will cost in credits in the game when the PU is released. This was confirmed by Chris and Ben many times. Last week, in fact, Ben said it again when he clarified some things about the Constellation Phoenix.

You'd get more for your money if you bought ships now, but it's too early to tell with 100% certainty since we don't know have enough details about the cost of upkeep, NPC handling, etc.

Uncle Paul
USA

Uncle Paul

Thanks, that was a very concise explanation. So... do I push the believe button.. thoughts to ponder... if I did.. can I sneak it past the wife... hmmmm... if detected do I have an escape plan?