Search similar:

uniqs

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck to Barry

to Barry

Re: [new forum] Forum Request: Start Communications!

yes please.
smallj53
join:2002-08-25
Niagara Falls, ON

smallj53 to Guru

to Guru
I agree.
CollegeStTO
join:2012-10-22

CollegeStTO to Sheeez

to Sheeez
said by Sheeez :

said by CollegeStTO:

Administrators, I urge you to support this enterprise that offer an alternative to Canadians and consider the effort and support Start receive from all these participating members.

So, um, you just decided to reg yesterday (same day as the post) only so you can "urge the Administrators" to add this forum?
(after-all you didn't reg any other time while lurking here for years)

That is some serious love there. A little too serious
said by CollegeStTO:

When you evaluate the customer support / feedback of Start...

What support and feedback did you use? I don't see much of anything. At all. How did you evaluate this? Based on one forum post?
said by CollegeStTO:

Administrators, I urge you to support this enterprise that offer an alternative to Canadians

Seems to be a more ontario-centric company not really offering much of anything to "Canadians" at all. Acanac offers more to "Canadians" a a whole. So does Ebox and both those companies *actually* have feedback that people can *actually* evaluate instead of just made up words in a post from someone who just reg'd so that the admin's can be shown how urgent this is, LOL.

Yeah, a little too much love and rhetoric is that post. It's past borderline.

'scuse me while I roll my eyeballs...

A healthy dose of skepticism and critical thinking are important in life. But critical hysteria will make you a cynic. You TROLL!

I am not an active poster hence the late response and am have not been "lurking here for years". The fact that I was motivated enough to joined a forum after just visiting for the first time and seeing the petition means that I viewed it as important and wanted to highlight my case as an example. I am independent of Start and receive no benefit directly/indirectly from them. All wordings/expressions are of my independent opinion.

If you actually read my original post, you will see that I committed to another TPIA promotion because of the different in accessibility and the reach of their marketing instead of Start(it is Acanac; they are active in Ontario and Quebec not nation wide). And the reason for my research of dsl forums is because of the hassle of switching from Rogers to them and the handling of my account by their reps. I know if I had issues then there must be others as well. If you visit the company-own forums and read through their customers posting you can evaluate the difference in response to questions and follow-up actions of the TPIAs. This is not the place to elaborate. Go do your own HOMEWORK. There's no cheating in life!

I don't work in the computer science/IT sector but can research and understand most technology when I need to. If any moderator wants to contact me directly, then I will gladly verify my information and circumstances. The fact that I lived in TO is IRRELEVANT to the petition for an online forum where users can share their experiences, issues and information. More choices and better information is a positive for all Canadians not just for those living close to a certain TPIA. It allows you to make a more informed decision. When more users support well run companies then they can expand.

I am stuck until the promotional period expire; it means it is a sunk cost and the legality of the agreement is preventing me from getting a no loss refund. But will I renew given the choices? NO. A long reply, but necessarily so.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to Guru

Premium Member

to Guru
Click for full size
This bickering is pointless!

Admin's, release the fourm!
arshad14
join:2007-03-04
L8B0M3

arshad14 to Guru

to Guru
I HIGHLY Agree!!!

HaRdLy007
join:1999-08-31
Peterborough, ON

HaRdLy007 to Guru

to Guru
Signed
nick_nack
Pass The Plankton Please
join:2001-08-22
Whitby, ON

nick_nack to Guru

to Guru
Signed. I hope that my reg date is old enough to vote here.
taytong888
join:2005-06-20
Nepean, ON

taytong888 to Guru

to Guru
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. Up until now there are ways too many threads on Start Communications. I don't know where to post comments or questions, especially when there are connection issues, e.g. was it due to Rogers or Start?. Hopefully this public forum for Start will be approved.

SIGNED

King Sull
Premium Member
join:2012-03-26
Etobicoke, ON

King Sull to Guru

Premium Member

to Guru
Signed
bdenning
join:2013-01-22
Strathroy, ON

bdenning to Guru

to Guru
i agree

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to Guru

to Guru
In favor, say I

I

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

+1 Again from me.
komi
join:2011-07-08
North York, ON

komi to Guru

to Guru
Signed
zygggy
join:2009-11-27
Meaford, ON

zygggy to Guru

to Guru
Lets get it on!!!
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock to Guru

Premium Member

to Guru
I agree. The Canadian broadband forum is getting flooded with Start questions. It's great another indy ISP growing strong in Canada.... but it's time for it to have its own home.
Expand your moderator at work
ariesmk
join:2009-07-03

ariesmk to Guru

to Guru

Re: [new forum] Forum Request: Start Communications!

Agree.
Tristan
join:2006-09-10
Nepean, ON

Tristan to Guru

to Guru
I agree.
fazeTO
join:2011-03-22

fazeTO to Guru

to Guru
Agreed!
daeron
join:2012-05-11
Ottawa

daeron to Guru

to Guru
So are any of the mods going to respond to this one way or another?
rik555
join:2012-02-16
Windsor, ON

rik555 to Guru

to Guru
Of course, I AGREE ! ,
..., as in, "S" for "Start ...", right before "T" -for Teksavvy.
"Start Communications", their Paying CDN-Consumers' sake, deserves/needs that, at the very least.

(but "acanac" ? - NO! - )

ssherwood
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Toronto, ON

ssherwood to Guru

Premium Member

to Guru
Please open a new "official" vs "cover" forum for Start.
minoe
join:2003-11-11
St George Brant, ON

minoe to Guru

to Guru
+1
rascal47
Premium Member
join:2013-01-11
Trenton, ON

rascal47 to Guru

Premium Member

to Guru
Let's get this added!!!
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru

+1, voting as I didn't really vote

Tedsky
join:2009-05-01
Welland, ON

Tedsky

Ahem ...

Thanks to Guru ...
User (Guru) to Mods was here ...
2012-10-10 20:51:39
and that the lastest post (again Guru) was here ...
2013-03-06 23:31:21

Perhaps Mods may still be on DUN and could use START

Oh yes ...
ADD ME TO THE GROWING LIST

Ted
(in Niagara)

Irenic
join:2000-05-02
Ottawa, ON

Irenic to Guru

to Guru
+1

The userbase is growing and the Start staff are very active here. They should get their own forum (like Teksavvy et al).
bbhog
join:2010-07-05
North York, ON

bbhog to Guru

to Guru
Agreed

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Once again, please give Start its own forum.