spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Le eh

@videotron.ca
reply to rocca

Re: [new forum] Forum Request: Start Communications!

said by rocca:

Crap, I just got trolled didn't I.

No. I'm being honest with what I saw. I'm not trolling you. Not trying to do anything because because of some strange ulterior motive. Take it or leave it.

Though I may be the only one vocal about it, i'm sure others saw it as well.

That aside...

In regards to the idea of putting all the active ad-hoc's on the Canadian Forums page:

I can only see this work if they set up a forum with tabs, just like they do in the security forum. See: »Security

The tabs can be sorted alphabetically so there's no infighting.

Call it Canadian Alternatives or Wholesale. In that forum you have the tabs for only the active players. Start, Ebox, Acanac. Which I *think* are the only active ones (on a constant basis).

That would then give you your "search" function and whatever else.

With 3 of the resellers together in one spot, that might give the volume that lacks on an individual basis. Or when one peters out. Makes it fair for everyone. And as a whole it represents a larger geography and population.

Then if ever someone else starts spamming and yelling for a forum, the powers that be can just say wait 6 months, if the volume and quality of posts and/or topics continue, then we will dump you in that.

But no clue if that is worth doing. Basically it just shuts up the whiners who want special rules for themselves to make a dollar, and addresses the bickering of no search function.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23

said by Le eh :

I can only see this work if they set up a forum with tabs, just like they do in the security forum. See: »Security

The tabs can be sorted alphabetically so there's no infighting.

Call it Canadian Alternatives or Wholesale. In that forum you have the tabs for only the active players. Start, Ebox, Acanac. Which I *think* are the only active ones (on a constant basis).

Good idea, I think that'd be a very elegant solution.
Expand your moderator at work

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Premium,Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky
kudos:3
reply to Guru

Re: [new forum] Forum Request: Start Communications!

*Sign*

Balin

join:2013-04-24
reply to Guru

Signed

lbonnell

join:2013-02-21

i agree! / signed

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28