how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dmf

join:2011-02-01
Baden, ON
reply to Guru

Re: [new forum] Forum Request: Start Communications!

Agreed.

Night Owl

join:2008-10-23
London, ON
reply to Guru

I agree, as well.

vonSchroeder

join:2004-11-12
Hamilton, ON
reply to Guru

Agreed.

Spare

join:2004-04-14
min2p6

darcmage

join:2005-10-07
Milton, ON
reply to Guru

Agreed.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to Guru

Obviously Start should have a forum. eBox should probably have one too, and Distrubtel (aka Acanac, CIA, 3web, and etc.) should have had one years ago.
--
electronicsguru.ca/for_sale/Cablemodems

Phorkster
Premium
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON
kudos:1
reply to Guru

40thd.

redgrandam

join:2010-08-10
London, ON
reply to Guru

Yes please!

marlek

join:2012-09-21
reply to Guru

Signed.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Teddy Boom

said by Teddy Boom:

Obviously Start should have a forum. eBox should probably have one too, and Distrubtel (aka Acanac, CIA, 3web, and etc.) should have had one years ago.

I don't get why it's such a big deal to add another forum or two, for those ISP's who seem to have a larger user presence here...

I don't think Acanac would care for one here, since they've always operated their own. But smaller outfits like Start & EBox, who have a decent number of participants here should not be denied...

I'm sure there's a person or two willing to moderate them.
--

Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2

I don't understand either why it's such a big deal!

I mean the forum already exists, it's just matter of putting in the Canadian forum section! I understand that there is an process to add a forum, etc.. but at the same time for how long?

DR_JAY

join:2002-04-23
Verdun, QC
reply to Guru

ditto

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to Guru

said by Guru:

I understand that there is an process to add a forum, etc.. but at the same time for how long?

Does anyone know the process? Is there a process?

Spensergig
Past my Prime
Premium,MVM
join:2000-03-26
Bradenton, FL

The process is very simple.
1) Someone asks for a forum.
2) Any number of people chime in with *sign* or *object*, as well as adding their comments if they wish.
3) "magic" happens, or maybe it doesn't. Usually, a forum has a better chance if justin See Profile or some other senior moderator is interested in the forum subject.
4) the world waits, for an unknown time, to see whether the new forum is created, and whether anyone actually posts in it.

Since removed See Profile is falling down on his self-assigned duties, I *object*.

Guru

Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by Spensergig:

Since removed See Profile is falling down on his self-assigned duties, I *object*.

I *object* your post !!

traghip

join:2009-02-06

Agreed, need and deserve their own forum.

Last Parade

join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON
reply to Guru

yes

madchikun

join:2004-07-18
Canada
reply to Guru

I agree as well!

daeron

join:2012-05-11
Ottawa
reply to Guru

So, what's the verdict?

FireROR

@mcmaster.ca
reply to Guru

Yes. Please make it happen.

CollegeStTO

join:2012-10-22
reply to Guru

I just recently signed up with another TPIA and only found out about Start afterward. If it was easier to locate Start in the first place, then I would not have went with the other.

However, I will sign up other family members, friends and myself after my promotional period expire. When you evaluate the customer support / feedback of Start and the pricing/packaging difference of other TPIAs I rather go with someone who appreciate you as a paying customer. If Start goes unlimited then there will be no contest.

Administrators, I urge you to support this enterprise that offer an alternative to Canadians and consider the effort and support Start receive from all these participating members.

Guru

Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by CollegeStTO:

Administrators, I urge you to support this enterprise that offer an alternative to Canadians and consider the effort and support Start receive from all these participating members.

+1

Jaguar
Premium
join:2004-01-25
North Bay, ON
reply to Guru

+1 for a Start forum

Sheeez

@videotron.ca
reply to CollegeStTO

said by CollegeStTO:

So, um, you just decided to reg yesterday (same day as the post) only so you can "urge the Administrators" to add this forum?
(after-all you didn't reg any other time while lurking here for years)

That is some serious love there. A little too serious

said by CollegeStTO:

When you evaluate the customer support / feedback of Start...

What support and feedback did you use? I don't see much of anything. At all. How did you evaluate this? Based on one forum post?

said by CollegeStTO:

Administrators, I urge you to support this enterprise that offer an alternative to Canadians

Seems to be a more ontario-centric company not really offering much of anything to "Canadians" at all. Acanac offers more to "Canadians" a a whole. So does Ebox and both those companies *actually* have feedback that people can *actually* evaluate instead of just made up words in a post from someone who just reg'd so that the admin's can be shown how urgent this is, LOL.

Yeah, a little too much love and rhetoric is that post. It's past borderline.

'scuse me while I roll my eyeballs...

Guru

1 recommendation

And you are not even registered and posting as anonymous user that makes a whole lot of sense right?

I object your post completely!

bestjsg

join:2002-03-13
Markham, Ont
reply to Guru

+ 1 , I would like a dedicated Start forum.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to Guru

said by Guru:

And you are not even registered and posting as anonymous user that makes a whole lot of sense right?
I object your post completely!

+1

silvercat

join:2007-11-07
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Sheeez

said by Sheeez :

What support and feedback did you use? I don't see much of anything. At all. How did you evaluate this? Based on one forum post?

Have you not been reading through the "temporary" Start forum ? ( »Start Communications )

Have you not been reading through the 67 page thread in the Canadian Broadband forum ? ( »Start Communications - new TPIA Rogers/Cogeco )

Rocca and Start Laurie have answered every question each and every one of us have asked, and the overwhelming majority of us have been very appreciative of the support and feedback that you seem too blind to be able to see.

moon_1b

join:2001-11-23
Sarnia, ON
reply to Guru

signed

adcs5

join:2012-09-26

Agree