spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CollegeStTO

join:2012-10-22
reply to Guru

Re: [new forum] Forum Request: Start Communications!

I just recently signed up with another TPIA and only found out about Start afterward. If it was easier to locate Start in the first place, then I would not have went with the other.

However, I will sign up other family members, friends and myself after my promotional period expire. When you evaluate the customer support / feedback of Start and the pricing/packaging difference of other TPIAs I rather go with someone who appreciate you as a paying customer. If Start goes unlimited then there will be no contest.

Administrators, I urge you to support this enterprise that offer an alternative to Canadians and consider the effort and support Start receive from all these participating members.

Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by CollegeStTO:

Administrators, I urge you to support this enterprise that offer an alternative to Canadians and consider the effort and support Start receive from all these participating members.

+1

Jaguar
Premium
join:2004-01-25
North Bay, ON
reply to Guru

+1 for a Start forum

Sheeez

@videotron.ca
reply to CollegeStTO

said by CollegeStTO:

So, um, you just decided to reg yesterday (same day as the post) only so you can "urge the Administrators" to add this forum?
(after-all you didn't reg any other time while lurking here for years)

That is some serious love there. A little too serious

said by CollegeStTO:

When you evaluate the customer support / feedback of Start...

What support and feedback did you use? I don't see much of anything. At all. How did you evaluate this? Based on one forum post?

said by CollegeStTO:

Administrators, I urge you to support this enterprise that offer an alternative to Canadians

Seems to be a more ontario-centric company not really offering much of anything to "Canadians" at all. Acanac offers more to "Canadians" a a whole. So does Ebox and both those companies *actually* have feedback that people can *actually* evaluate instead of just made up words in a post from someone who just reg'd so that the admin's can be shown how urgent this is, LOL.

Yeah, a little too much love and rhetoric is that post. It's past borderline.

'scuse me while I roll my eyeballs...

Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2

1 recommendation

And you are not even registered and posting as anonymous user that makes a whole lot of sense right?

I object your post completely!

bestjsg

join:2002-03-13
Markham, Ont
reply to Guru

+ 1 , I would like a dedicated Start forum.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to Guru

said by Guru:

And you are not even registered and posting as anonymous user that makes a whole lot of sense right?
I object your post completely!

+1

silvercat

join:2007-11-07
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Sheeez

said by Sheeez :

What support and feedback did you use? I don't see much of anything. At all. How did you evaluate this? Based on one forum post?

Have you not been reading through the "temporary" Start forum ? ( »Start Communications )

Have you not been reading through the 67 page thread in the Canadian Broadband forum ? ( »Start Communications - new TPIA Rogers/Cogeco )

Rocca and Start Laurie have answered every question each and every one of us have asked, and the overwhelming majority of us have been very appreciative of the support and feedback that you seem too blind to be able to see.

moon_1b

join:2001-11-23
Sarnia, ON
reply to Guru

signed

adcs5

join:2012-09-26

Agree

dchdrake
Premium
join:2005-04-29
Windsor, ON
reply to Guru

I agree.

jimmyfogg

join:2010-12-30
reply to Guru

Agreed, new forum for Start!

telcom

join:2010-03-13
Burlington, ON
reply to Guru

We definitely need a place dedicated to Start Communications! I just signed up last week, my modem arrived this morning and I have technical questions I would like help with because Start can't answer them!

Gixxer

join:2008-08-27
St Catharines, ON
kudos:3
reply to Guru

Do it!

Start Here

@videotron.ca
reply to telcom

said by telcom:

We definitely need a place dedicated to Start Communications! I just signed up last week, my modem arrived this morning and I have technical questions I would like help with because Start can't answer them!

Ask in the Canadian Broadband forum? They seem to have a whole two topics there already.

Or ask in their forum which already exists?
»Start Communications

daeron

join:2012-05-11
Ottawa
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by Start Here :

said by telcom:

Ask in the Canadian Broadband forum? They seem to have a whole two topics there already.

»Start Communications

Yes they have their own forums but finding them for the everyday person is a challenge. Most people don't even realize it exists. There is plenty of traffic on the forums to warrant it having it's space with the other major ISPs (ie TekSavvy, Rogers, Bell etc.)

just sayn

@videotron.ca

said by daeron:

said by Start Here :

said by telcom:

»Start Communications

Yes they have their own forums but finding them for the everyday person is a challenge. Most people don't even realize it exists. There is plenty of traffic on the forums to warrant it having it's space with the other major ISPs (ie TekSavvy, Rogers, Bell etc.)

The Canadian Broadband forum Doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone else who wants help or info for Nexicom, distributel, Ebox, Xplornet, Acanac, Velcom and various other ISP's.

BTW, what is their traffic, since you seem to know it's way above average? Seems to me (if we look at uniq's, post counts, topic counts and whatever else over time) Ebox has more traffic in their forum. Just saying.

BTW, I also noticed no one offered to help the guy above find where he can get info & help, and instead you appear to be criticizing my post on where he can find help, and trying to use that to justify the need for their own forum. So I take it that post was another half baked idea to try and get some sort of momentum going for a forum. Even the guy looking for help disappeared and never did ask for help in the forums given to him. So guess it was just more... you know... bs. These made-up posts are getting kind of funny. Calling a spade a spade. Just say'n.

zacsaunders

join:2012-05-12
reply to Guru

I agree! I would also like this to happen. signed!

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23

1 recommendation

reply to just sayn

To be honest I'm not sure why Ebox, Acanac nor any other ISP that is active in the community here, supporting DSLR users who are asking for it can't get a listed forum. Seems odd for DSLR to deny their own membership asking for the ability to better sort their threads, and especially odd any lack of response from people that run/moderate the forums given all the requests.

But their site, their rules.

C'est la vie.

minoe

join:2003-11-11
St George Brant, ON
reply to Guru

+1

Expand your moderator at work

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
kudos:1
reply to Guru

Re: [new forum] Forum Request: Start Communications!

I agree

jagerman

join:2011-01-10
Kingston, ON
reply to Guru

Agreed.

epirph

join:2011-09-02
reply to Guru

I agree.

kittyburgers

join:2012-01-31
reply to Guru

Yes!

bestjsg

join:2002-03-13
Markham, Ont
reply to Guru

this thread has been on for over a month, what exactly does it take to get our own/Start forum ?

DrXenon

join:2007-01-20
Kingston, ON
reply to Guru

Please make it so.

hagbard72

join:2000-10-02
Kingsville
reply to Guru

Yes. Do It!

Johny

join:2012-12-06