join:2001-03-25
US

antdude to therube

Premium Member

to therube

Re: Firefox 16.0 Released

said by therube:

Heh.

"This is a tracking bug for Build and Release of SeaMonkey 2.13.1 We expect an actual release on Friday 12 October."

»bugzilla.mozilla.org/sho ··· d=800217

Ugh, another .1? This is getting silly!

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

1 recommendation

therube

A quick inquiry points to a "security" issue, so you can be sure that FF is going to have a 16.0.1 too.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by therube:

A quick inquiry points to a "security" issue, so you can be sure that FF is going to have a 16.0.1 too.

Great. I wonder how bad it is if it is for those with v16.0 like in Mac OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion). Funny, that I delayed my upgrade until today to ensure there were no problems after a full day. I should had waited a bit longer.

I find it interesting that SeaMonkey's web site still shows v2.13 instead of v2.12.1 while Firefox's web site offers v15.0.1 instead of v16.0.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

2 recommendations

kickass69 to antdude

to antdude
How is it through 6 betas that this security issue wasn't remedied before officially released? Can we blame the damned 6 week cycle or QC issues with Mozilla developers?
MomOfARocker
join:2009-06-07
Canada

1 recommendation

MomOfARocker to antdude

to antdude
antdude don't feel bad ... yesterday I started my day with a nice clean update to FF 16. All was fine all day till later in the afternoon when I did 15 Windows Updates. All 15 updates installed successfully and a restart was required. My computer seemed to have some issues restarting after the Windows updates so much so that I decided to do a system restore. After having done the restore I thought I would leave the Windows Updates for a day or so and then try again. This afternoon I realized that my FF was back to version 15.0.1 and I figured this had happened due to the system restore, however, that is when I realized that it was not re-offering me the option to update to 16 again. I started poking around the Mozilla forums here at DSL and found that some others were saying they were not being offered the new FF update also. So I started wondering if there was something about that FF update that caused issues with my Windows Updates. I've just spent the last hour or two doing each and every Windows update separately and restarting after each update to make sure the computer was starting fine and so far everything is looking good. Of course, just the day before all these updates I had done the recent Flash updates so having done the system restore those all needed redoing as well ... pretty much wasted a good chunk of my time. Hope I don't have the same issues when they re-issue FF16 through the updater.