Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Snuffbox

Re: [MoP] 15% Healing Nerf - Why?

What is this globaling I always hear about on the PVP crybaby posts on the official WoW forums?

is that the same as Alpha Strike in EVE?
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

said by Kearnstd:

What is this globaling I always hear about on the PVP crybaby posts on the official WoW forums?

is that the same as Alpha Strike in EVE?

I assume your serious in your question. A Global Cooldown is a base 1.5 seconds. So to "Globaling" means to kill someone in 1.5 seconds or less. Usualy 1 or 2 attacks.

It is an exageration for the most part. At full HP even in bad gear, no one of the same level is going to solo "Global you".

Usualy people will get killed in 2 or 3 global cooldowns and still cry that they got "Globaled", but it's not accurate. Also 2 or 3 enemies can together kill you with 1 global each.

A similar term to "Globaling" would be "One shotting"

Only difference is sometimes you can use more then one attack at a time. Like caster fireball and then cast followed by an insant cast and or on-use trinket ability, so they hit at the same time. It's still one global cooldown, but technicaly it's 2 shots.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
kudos:1

Globabling often is exaggerated, but there are troubles in pvp atm. There are CC's that are not operating in their intended manner. For instance hunter's scatter shot, is supposed to be a disorient(meaning breaks on damage) but currently a hunter can scatter, and dps for the entire duration of scatter, the only way out is to trinket and lol to that.

This is also the case with fear not ever breaking from damage, same for traps, and not sure if its intended or not but DK hungering cold 5 secsof free dps.. as far as I have witnessed. For people not rocking signifigant pvp gear this often means they die before they can perform any action hence claims of being globaled..

I can say though that healing bg's post nerf means If i get tuneled by more than one dps im dead..