Re: Firefox 16.0 Released

It says 15.01 but when you get to choices, it only gives you 16.0

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

Then you are telling me this part does not work ?

To go back to 15.0.1, you have to go to the new download page. That does offer you 15.0.1, to which you're recommended to downgrade. Until tomorrow, when version 16 should be released and you can upgrade the downgrade of your upgrade:

Confused? Sorry about that.

If you haven't yet updated from 15.0.1, you're fine. If you already have version 16.0, grab 15.0.1 from the new link
»www.mozilla.org/en-US/fi ··· fox/new/

and install it over the no-longer-the-newest 16.0.

Once you've downgraded, you'll get another Hooray! page. This time you will be up to date - for a while, anyway.

And if you're not yet on either 16.0 or 15.0.1, you probably need to have a little chat to yourself about updating in general.

Although this latest issue reminds us that it's occasionally problematic to be too far ahead of the curve, it's always risky to be behind.

Name Game

1 edit

Name Game to PrntRhd

Premium Member

to PrntRhd
Click for full size
said by PrntRhd:

It says 15.01 but when you get to choices, it only gives you 16.0

Strange..here is a screenshot of my download..and if you look in the bottom left corner..I can download 15.01 hmmm.. maybe you have to clear your cache ? or go there with a different browser.
PrntRhd
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA

PrntRhd

Premium Member

Problem was on my end, had to allow Mozilla in NoScript, then the page allowed 15.01 to be viewed as a choice.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

OK..well if you take the dive let us know...I would wait I guess..don't want you calling my Mom and telling her I led you astray.
PrntRhd
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA

PrntRhd

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

OK..well if you take the dive let us know...I would wait I guess..don't want you calling my Mom and telling her I led you astray.

I updated to 16.01 today, was not that worried despite some exploit code to take advantage of the flawed version.

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

chachazz

Premium Member

ESR 10.0.9 is up
»www.mozilla.org/en-US/fi ··· all.html